Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light World Map Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Storybook scenery comes to life!

The nice folks over at Square-Enix were kind enough to send over the newest gameplay video of their upcoming DS role-playing game Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light in action.

In this new World Map Trailer, you'll be given a glimpse of how your characters will move around the world map as well as a peek at some of the interesting locales you'll travel to during your adventure.

The world of FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT is populated with green fields, dense forests, wide seas, barren deserts, and cold snowy poles. Explore every corner of the world to and uncover hidden secrets and find the answers you need to complete your quest.

We'll keep you posted on any Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light news as it becomes available, and of course we'll have a full review of the game closer to its October 5th North American release date.

[via youtube.com]

irken004

irken004 said:

That desert looks SO BORING. Otherwise it looks ok. Seems like it would give a headache after awhile though. So much cuteness and matching colors...

Punny

Punny said:

A nice blend of old and new. Nice to see some color in a world that seems dominated by games that lack color! I'll have to put this on my Christmas list!

Brainhost

Brainhost said:

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

Love the music and graphics... now I have to add yet another game onto my ever-expanding must-have list.

pixelman

pixelman said:

I'm so excited for this game. It has the prettiest art I've ever seen in a DS game. <3

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Brainhost said: It's ridiculous how well that 8-bit flavour in the soundtrack works. That alone has made me decide to buy it. <- This! :-D

wildMissingnoappered

wildMissingnoappered said:

i like RPGS( dragon quest & pokemon) but i cant stand final fantasy( I just cant) so this isnt on my chrismas list but dragon quest 9 & pokemon black and white are a different story

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i have a real rpg that doesn't hurt the eyes called dq9
this is a sick joke thanks square i can tell that enix is pulling all the weight

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Egg Meister

Okay, I'll bite: how is this not a real RPG, yet DQ9 is? They're both cut from the same cloth, albeit with different gameplay elements between them and different artstyles. Seriously, what's it missing?

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

@Mickeymac its gameplay dq is the classic rpg gameplay the real gamers grewup on, while this game is a weird hybrid gameplay with sicking graphics ff games have been single handily destroyed this gen by square

zionich

zionich said:

Now im a big Final Fantasy fan, but I think even I am more impressed with DQ9 at the moment. Not saying I wouldnt get this one though.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Egg Miester

...no...no, you are deeply mistaken my friend. This game is more "Classic" than FF has been in a long time, since FF3 on the NES(or more likely FF5 on the SNES depending on how things play out), in case you haven't been paying attention. Classes are back, turn-based combat is back, and now stocks are back, all in an updated form that allows for more strategic uses and to update them for a new generation. It took the old and expanded on it, making it new again, just like what DQ9 did to its series. What the hell more do you want?!

Also, the graphics don't suck. They're pretty good for a DS game, with an artstyle that's either good or bad depending on your tastes. Not that it matters since graphics never made a game any more or less of an RPG.

Oh, and by the way, I don't know if you've been under a rock for 7 or 8 years, but Square and Enix are both long gone. They merged together into a singular entity, Square-Enix. If you don't like the newer FF games, that's fine, but don't blame it on a company that no longer exists. Not that it matters, since this game is nothing like what they've been putting out for the past 10, even 15 years. And you'd realize that if you'd just take your blinders off and see it for what it is.

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

What's with the insane curvature of the world? Not just the world map, but inside towns, you take a couple dozen steps and everything behind you disappears over the horizon. The world must be like a mile in diameter to make things disappear that fast. Looks like it would be very difficult to keep your bearings because you can see so little of your surroundings.

Also, art style = ugly. Sorry, but crappy 3D is crappy 3D. This game could be gorgeous if done in 2D