Vote for a Conduit Map to Return in Conduit 2

Posted by James Newton

High Voltage wants your input

Promising to listen to your fans when revisiting a title and actually listening to them are often two totally different things, so it's cheering to see Conduit 2 developers High Voltage opening up a virtual voting booth, giving fans a chance to revisit their favourite maps from the original Conduit title.

Head over to the game's Facebook page to lend your support to one of these maps:

• Bunker
  • Warehouse
  • Streets
  • Sanctum
  • Pentagon
  • Infirmary
  • Complex

While you're at it, why not become a fan of Nintendo Life on Facebook too? With automatic updates for reviews and a chance to spy on some of your favourite Nintendo Life users – including staff – there really is something for everyone.

Thanks to irken004 for the tip.

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

I can't wait for the sequel.
And it's really nice to see HVS letting their fan's decide on this. :)

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

I was kind of hoping for entirely new maps, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to add an old one in. I'm not sure what to vote for though, I was really lousy at this game, so none of the maps stood out to me.

Hawker

Hawker said:

I know what map will win, I stopped playing because all anyone ever voted on was streets.

McGruber

McGruber said:

I voted Pentagon but the streets is winning with a really wide margin. Looks like streets it is! I really don't care as long as there aren't any hackers in the online modes. If there are I probably will trade this in the minute i finish the single player campaign

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Nice one Irken! ;)

Never bought The Conduit, but Conduit 2 looks interesting... Streets looks fun (probably because of CoD) but I'm not gonna vote. :P

I may have to pick this game up...

irken004

irken004 said:

@xDemon720x You should be able to find The Conduit for about $20 or less, even for a new copy. It's totally worth the money, even for the single-player mode. The online has some glitches, but most of the time it works pretty well.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Please not the streets. EVERYONE chose that one EVERY time. It kinda killed the online for me. Every fight would be marathon, explosives, streets. It was retarded.

Imerion

Imerion said:

Everythings on facebook these days it seems... Guess I can't vote then. :(
I would have voted for Bunker, Infirmary or Complex. A bit to much streets indeed, though it is a good map.

RallyFTW

RallyFTW said:

@Irken yeah Pentagon FTW!

I don't know why everyone likes streets....... worst map in the game.

(Too small......)

Hawker

Hawker said:

I agree Shadx, that is the very reason I quit playing that game after it was out for 2 weeks. Now if the voting system is removed in the sequel, I might be more interested.

WiiPS2Guy

WiiPS2Guy said:

The maps I enjoy are Streets, Pentagon and Infirmary. But I am not going to create a facebook account to just vote.

Z_Bone

Z_Bone said:

I bought the original for 15 bucks and still felt ripped off. The online is terrible. Each match takes way too long. Who cares which map gets in, they all suck. The maps are way too big. Most of the map is wasted because everyone goes to certain locations.

Why would anyone play this games online over modern warfare: reflex's online? MW is a ton better and is actually fun. I never had fun playing the conduit.

JimLad

JimLad said:

@ Z.Bone That's like asking why certain people play Halo over Modern Warfare, or Rainbow Six. Some people prefer manic deathmatches over the more tactical shooters. I have the same kind of dislike, but for MW Reflex. Granted it has much better maps but I found The Conduit a lot more fun, it's just a matter of taste.

As for these maps, none of them were great. Obviously I don't want to see Streets even though it's not my least favourite, like most people I am totally sick of it being chosen over and over (as well as Pentagon).
The one I had most fun on was probably Infirmary.
The one I had least fun on was Warehouse.
I'm hoping the new maps will be much better than any of them though.

RonF

RonF said:

I liked The Conduit and the online mode works pretty well. That said, the maps weren't good. I found them to look too much as an arena and I never got the illusion I was on a real environment. At least CoD:W@W had bigger asymmetrical maps which I found more engaging.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

People only played Streets when I played it...or was it Pentagon? Warehouse? The Conduit's environments lacked variety, so I don't even remember. It was the one with the two, three-story office buildings looking over a middle street, and there was a big whole in the building in one end for you to run into, using the rubble. It might have been 2 sets of symmetrical areas like this, actually, so 4 buildings? At any rate, I remember teams sniping the beejeezus out of each other from across the street in the other buildings' windows. It was pretty fun...

ReddLionz

ReddLionz said:

i love streets...
But I definitely agree with Chrono Cross in that explosives should be taken out. They kind of ruined the online for me. Not as much strategy involved i guess. Just a one-hit-kill if you used the SMAW, which everyone did.