Rabbids Travel in Time Details Step Out of the DeLorean

Posted by James Newton

Rabbids back in party mode

The new Rabbids title was announced at E3, and now Ubisoft has unleashed a further set of details about Raving Rabbids Travel in Time.

After a brief spell spent in the world of 3D adventures in Rabbids Go Home, the white monsters are now back in minigame territory as they explore the fabric of space in a washing machine. As well as promising the usual range of new minigames, the game will also support MotionPlus and offer online play for the first time in the series, both of which form very welcome additions to the Rabbids formula.

With the online play, the ability to link your game profile with your Facebook page and promise of more "wacky" Rabbids adventures this should be another enjoyable outing for the creepy critters. Stay tuned for more information on this one as its release date of November 11th gets ever closer.

UBISOFT® REVEALS RAVING RABBIDS TRAVEL IN TIME

The Rabbids® change the course of history with a brand new party game

San Francisco, CALIFORNIA – June 29, 2010 – Today Ubisoft reveals further details on the next Rabbids game, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time, which was announced at E3, in Los Angeles, California. After invading the moon last year in an epic adventure game, the Rabbids are back with the party-game genre in an exciting game of multiplayer competition. This time the crazy, loveable Rabbids travel back in time in a washing machine and wreak havoc in the past, as they mess up historical events. The Rabbids have achieved worldwide recognition, with 8 million videogames sold and hundreds of hilarious videos that have had consumers laughing for years. Developed by the Ubisoft Paris studio, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time is scheduled for release on the WiiTM system on November 11, 2010.

Game Features:
-Universal, popular game theme: Players will plunge into the past and revisit the greatest moments of history with the discovery of fire, the broken nose of the Sphinx or the first step on the moon. Players will uncover how the Rabbids wreaked havoc on the past and will decide if the course of history needs to be changed.

-Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to play over 20 different games with 5 different rich and deep gameplay types from flying to bouncing. For the first time in a Wii party-game, games will be playable either online or split-screen with up to 4 players. Several games will also offer improved accuracy as they utilize the Wii MotionPlusTM accessory for enhanced precision and control.

-A never-ending fun: The fun begins even before the game starts, within the main menu, an interactive Museum which contains mini-games featuring Rabbids dancing and singing. The museum also offers over 30 customized Rabbids characters from an Egyptian to a Cowboy and a Pirate so users can be whatever character they choose.

-Social gaming and competition: Not only will players be able to compete with their friends in a unique online multiplayer mode, but they will also have the opportunity to share and compare their scores and trophies with the entire Rabbids community. Players can also link their game profile to their Facebook profile.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

Party games ARE ALWAYS better than adventre games so I'm happy that they're going back to minigames.

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

Well, I'll wait for more about this one. Rabbids Go Home was fun, so I hope this one is good, too. Also, I hope it has more replay value...
EDIT: PARTY??! Aw man, I wanted another adventure game... :(

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Rabbids Go Home adventure platformer didn't sell as well as the Rayman Raving Rabbids series then? Shame, because the former was certainly a lot better than the latter as an out and out video game.

I'll keep my eye on this though. Radaring.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Only 20 minigames this time. Maybe that means the quality has improved? Rabbids have always been one of the better minigame collections anyway imo.

@MARIOID
Yes Rabbids Go Home didn't sell as well as the RRR series, but it still was no slouch either. I believe this game was already planned the moment they started RGH.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

@ LEGEND MARIOID

Really? Shame, I have the recall version of Rabbids Go Home, and it's a pretty fun game. Admittedly I haven't played it in a while since exams and Galaxy 2 have caused a backlog of unfinished games, but now my exams are over that's will change shortly.

This might be one of the few good minigame compilations. I enjoyed the original RRR.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Ah, so this is the Raving Rabbids 4 (party game) that was hinted upon a few months back then? I've owned all of the other 3 but have only kept the 1st one in my collection as that had the most charm for me. I hope this turns out good. Good to see some wiimotionplus mini-games.

Only problem here is that it is competing with Wii Party now

UrbanYeti

UrbanYeti said:

Aw, come on. I thought this would be an adventure game like rabbids go home. The party games were okay, but Rabbids Go Home was way better.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

...I thought the whole point of Rabbids Go Home was that the Rabbids went home and won't be booting Rayman out of the limelight any longer.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

@10
That's what I was thinking. I heard somewhere that 'Rabbids Go Home' was to be the LAST Rabbids game (then). Guess Ubisoft can't get enough of them. Funny how the original Rabbids game was SUPPOSED to be an adventure game with Rayman- then to mini games... Funny how I have the urge to play that game again even if it is 4 years old...

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

I believe the Rabbids are in their own series now seperate from Rayman. (Why the game isn't called Rayman Raving Rabbids Travel in Time) I highly doubt that Rayman will even make an appearance in this one. However it does seem that the folks at Ubisoft who just can't get enough of these deranged bunnies are at least changing it up a little bit with more features so I don't think the game will end up being bad. Heck it will probably be great for parties, but I do think that these mutant varmints are the NEW rayman to Ubisoft.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I also saw a pic about the Rabbids beint on the Titanic. One more reason for me to get it.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

@koops3: You haven't played many party games then. :D
Party games are usually horrible, and many people think the new Rabbids party games are horrible. Personally, I though TV Party was pretty bad and felt it was rushed over just to make money from the holiday season.

So... looks like Ubisoft hasn't learned their lesson yet. Party games never sell. (You'd think they would learn from Imagine: Party Babys...)

Caliko

Caliko said:

@Destroyer360 Raving Rabbids series has sold over 8M.
This is not Imagine:Party Babies
Don't underestimate the rabbids.

MotionPlus support?
Online Play??

Sounds like the best Raving Rabbids yet!!

SuperMarioFan96

SuperMarioFan96 said:

Never owned the Raving Rabbids games. I played TV Party at my friends' house once, but it was just that.... once and with my friends. I did get Rabbids Go Home and I think it's great. Actually, this kind of idea (the traveling in time) seems like it would've been perfect for an adventure game. Oh well. I guess we'll see. I remain hopeful.

HiroshiYamauchi

HiroshiYamauchi said:

I prefer the Rabbids in party games. I played Rabbids Go Home once and never touched it again, on the other hand, the previous games in the series i play every now and then with my girlfriend.

Boonehams

Boonehams said:

@HiroshiYamauchi: The exact opposite for me. My girlfriend and I still play Rabbids Go Home, but not the Party Games.

But seriously, how many freaking party games are there on the Wii now? Are people honestly still not sick of them yet? Okay, to each their own, but c'mon.... There's been THREE Rabbids-based party games already. The idea of the time-traveling sounded like they were going to do another adventure game, especially after already taking the step forward and actually making one. So yeah, hearing that they went backwards in development and made ANOTHER party game gave my hopes up. Not only that, but only 20 mini-games? Ugh.

Honestly, there's nothing good in this announcement to me. Count me out.

Magicpegasus

Magicpegasus said:

ok, i'm sick of it. f those rabbids. they're un-games. give me the original rayman. and i did give them a chance, i just don't care anymore. they're like some metaphor for the consumer. they're like the 5th shrek movie. f it. it makes me want to throw up.

EdEN

EdEN said:

I like the party games as well as Go Home (own them all) and I was looking forward to another adventure game before going back to minigame land. Maybe we'll get one next year?

NiC

NiC said:

ooooooh just f*** you ubisoft.
"hey, how about we make another real rayman game again, a platformer or something? i mean, he IS our mascot and stuff..." - "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? making an actual original game? don't be wasting all the original characters the people before us thought of? giving hope back to the rayman fans who are hoping that sometimes there will be a rayman platformer again without minigames and rodents? dude... we would have to put EFFORT into this, EFFORT! do you hear me?" - "oh jeah, right. let's just make another freakin' minigame-collection then. we make more money with this anyway."

NiC

NiC said:

seriously, the (older) rayman games were part of my childhood and i loved them. i hate seeing this series being made into a sucky unoriginal minigame-collection and i begin to just not care about this stuff anymore. i thought they "went home"?!
i just hope the rabbids die in a fire or something. and their creators with them.