Official Dive: The Medes Islands Secret Gameplay Video

Posted by Corbie Dillard

New footage of the game in action.

The kind folks over at Cosmonaut Games have just sent over the newest gameplay video of their upcoming WiiWare title Dive: The Medes Islands Secret in action.

As you can see from this new video, the gameplay looks quite fluid and there seem to be quite a few different areas to explore throughout the game. You can check out the press release snippet below for a bit more information on the game and we'll keep you posted on any new developments regarding the game as they become available.

Introduced are the 10 exotic locales from Bermuda to Spain to which you’ll venture in your journey to uncover the ocean’s deepest, darkest secrets. Beasts of the deep, including octopus, deadly sharks and poisonous fish may hinder your progress. Armed with only a speargun and your wits, it is up to you to stay alive. After all, 100 feet below the surface, no one can hear you scream.

Staying alive is only half the battle, as your true goal is recovering the rewards hidden on the ocean floor. Your handy treasure map guides you through the waters and reefs of each island, which contain treasures and relics worth more than just gold... Each landmark discovery earns you achievements and inches you one swim closer to the greatest secret of all: The Medes Island Secret.

Dive: The Medes Island Secret is rated “E” for Everyone, and is scheduled for Wiiware release later this summer. For more information, please visit the official website at http://divemedes.cosmonautgames.com/

NintenDude97

NintenDude97 said:

@KrazyKain Actually, dude, by the trailer the two games are very similar exept Endless Ocean 2 has a 3-D enviroment and this one is 2-D with 3-D graphics. Endless Ocean: Blue World has the same concepts including salvaging treasure, achievements to work towards, enemies underwater, a diving shop, about ten areas to dive in, and it even has one main treasure to discover. Also, the Dive! screen looks very similar to Blue World. But still, it is also good to have a couple of these diving games because there are not too many games of the genre out there.

iAmThetot

iAmThetot said:

@3 Really...? Where?

I have to be honest, this wasn't one of the titles I was very interested in. But now that I've seen a gameplay video I actually kind of can't wait for it.

iAmThetot

iAmThetot said:

@3 Nevermind, I see it now. I was looking at the first time they said it, not the second time.

Paperclip

Paperclip said:

Eh, looks like it'll be something pretty fun to play, but really short and disappointing. Like NyxQuest.

Still looks neat though.

CoffeeWithGames

CoffeeWithGames said:

I'm pretty hopeful this will turn out well. I own Endless Ocean: Blue World, but haven't played it much; I need to put it back in and give it another try.

I think the appeal to this game, is its 2D style.
My wife gets sick when playing games like Endless Ocean, and Ecco the Dolphin(on Dreamcast). The open movement in 3D space in water, starts messing with her senses, I think a 2D design like this, will be a lot better.

I'm probably going to download it, to see if she'll enjoy this.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

@Gogata: No, those are "tranquiliser" spears!

Also, whilst there may be some superficial similarities with Endless Ocean this really isn't a similar game, it's very much more goal-oriented like an old 8-bit console game, though it does have a relaxing feel to it and you can "noodle about" a bit.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Why does everyone keep comparing this to Endless Ocean? It's definitely more like Ecco the Dolphin.

It looks like a fun game though with lots of things to do.

shake_zula

shake_zula said:

Mehhh I'm less interested than I was, I thought movement was going to be done with the analogue stick, I'm not keen on the idea of point and click movement. Also the interface looks tacky, and there didn't seem to be any gameplay elements that looked especially fun, although I guess it's hard to convey the fun of such a slow paced game in a short trailer

I'm still interested, just not as much as I was