Kingdom Hearts DS Release Re:coded to Tease 3DS Title

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Nomura tells all!

According to a recent interview with Square Enix director Tetsuya Nomura, the 3DS Kingdom Hearts game will be a brand new adventure in which characters Soru and Riku explore worlds previously unforeseen in the series (no Pixar characters, though).

If you want any more tidbits, though, it might do you well to check out the upcoming DS title Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, which is set to include many hints about the 3DS release. According to website PocketGamer.co.uk, it will also feature elements from the mobile phone game Kingdom Hearts Coded, the DS release Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and the PSP title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Re:coded is set to hit stores in the not-so-distant future and is about 80% complete according to the interview, of which website Adriasang has published a handy summary.

[via pocketgamer.co.uk, andriasang.com]

Related Games

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm surprised they didn't show it at E3 if it's 80% complete. Odd.

BobberyFan98

BobberyFan98 said:

They leaked a secretly shown trailer that was not in the main conference for Re:coded. It was on thespeedgamers.com Gaming News section, it shouldn't be to hard to find, since it wasn't too long ago it was posted ;)

-BF98 ;)

Objection

Objection said:

It's already 80% because its a port of a Japan-only cellphone game. I'd be surprised if it doesn't come out this year.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

That "three-game element combination" sets this up to be a very interesting Kingdom Hearts game. But whatever, playing what's sure to be a great game to get more 3DS info is fine by me! :)

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

With all this great Nintendo 3DS news emerging, I don't think I will invest any more money in my Nintendo DSi and PSP. I reason that as soon as I purchase a DSi or PSP game that Nintendo will announce a solid release date which will be either something along the lines of December 10th, 2010 or February 6th, 2011.

However, I'm quite sure I'll trade both my Nintendo DS Lite and PSP for the Nintendo 3DS, so as to keep my beloved DSi so I can play A Kappa's Tale, BlazyBloo: Battle Brawlers and Shantae.

Zach

Zach said:

@Objection_Blaster Actually, it utilizes elements of the cell phone game Coded, the DS release Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and the PSP title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

realar

realar said:

Where the heck will this story take place?
After Kingdom Hearts 1??
Yikes I'm confused.

G-MaxiMillion

G-MaxiMillion said:

It says Re:Coded is a brand new story, I'm guessing it's after KH II since Jiminy Cricket has the two journals from the past adventures he has been with. However... I didn't see Sora with his new clothes so ... guess we'll just have to wait for some more information or take a look at the Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts Coded on the mobile.

horobita

horobita said:

hopefully this game will be good, and similar to the actual kingdom hearts not like chain of memories which its battle system got on my nerves

Hokori

Hokori said:

Cant wait for Coded and 3D
Never played any PS2 Titles only a little of 358/2 Days what i really want is the original and 2 for 3DS so I can play them.