Jett Rocket Gameplay Trailer - Toxic Swamps

Posted by Corbie Dillard

More amazing footage!

The folks at Shin'en were kind enough to send over another jaw-dropping gameplay trailer of their upcoming WiiWare title Jett Rocket! in action.

In this video you can check out the "Toxic Swamps" area of the game, along with a host of cool gameplay mechanics demonstrated throughout the video.

Just three more days until North American gamers can get their hands on this much-anticipated title, with European gamers seeing the game's release on July 2nd. The game will set you back 1000 Wii Points and we'll have a full review of the game shortly after its release on Monday.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Will be picking this up. Hope it succeeds in raising the standard for WiiWare games. :)

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

It reminds me of Mario with the platforming elements but it reminds me of Sonic at the same time as how he attacks the enemy. Weird.

But anyhow if I get the points and this gets good reviews, then I'll be downloading this as soon as possible. :D

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Now I can hope that Shin'en creates a new Nanostray game for 3DS. I can dream, can't I? :)

Omega

Omega said:

The three gameplay trailers provide a look at what looks to be a very promising game. I'm convinced that the game actually looks good from a technical and graphical standpoint. I hope it's also not too hard, not too easy, not too short and the controls are alright, too.

I'll stay tuned for this one. Of course, waiting for at least three reviews from trustful sites.

Ren

Ren said:

looks great to me. kinda seems a little sparse looking though, like it might be kind of a quick play through. still for under 20 bucks this looks like a winner of a galaxy knock-off. still haven't even done galaxy 2 since I'm kinda broke so it makes this look awfully tempting.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Still looks way more fun than Epic Mickey imo. I wonder why I am not optimistic for that game?

cr00mz

cr00mz said:

i wonder how big/long this game will be, seeing as alot of WiiWare games are pretty short

JimLad

JimLad said:

Well this has managed to score the 1000 points I was saving for Worms Battle Islands.

Adam

Adam said:

Huh, never heard of this. Looks Ratchet and Clank-ish. Think I'll have to give it a whirl.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

How come Pokémon Rumble, while still a great game, costs a whopping 1500 points, but this only costs 1000?!

King_Boo

King_Boo said:

Hope the review is all good, would be nice to get an actually good wii ware game for the first time in awhile.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Get this for sure, but I still can't believe that a game that looks this gorgeous can have a decent length. It's a 40 MB WiiWare game, it's hard to believe.

moosa

moosa said:

I agree, this is sure to be a short game. Really nice looking graphics though.

EdEN

EdEN said:

Huh, I just realized that the boss model is the same as the one for the other level shown before. Maybe that's one of the ways they're cutting on total space? Use the same boss model but change attacks and patterns. Worked for Super Mario Bros!

I have 1,000 points set aside for this game just waiting for it to be monday. My sister is getting it as well so that's two games sold.

Here's hoping for this game to sell many, many copues so Shin'en can make more Wiiware games. Loved Art of Balance and having and adventure game on Wiiware is always great.

iAmThetot

iAmThetot said:

@17 Quite simply, because Nintendo wanted to milk the Pokemon name. They knew that a lot of children play Wii - or families with younger children - and they knew that a lot of children like pokemon. Pokemon Rumble had TV spots, one of the first Wiiware games that I personally know of to do so. They knew that even at 1,500 points, people would pay up for the Pokemon name.