E3 2010: Star Fox 64 3D for 3DS

Posted by Reed Kalso

Jeez Laweez, what is that?! Portable Star Fox 64?

Nintendo's E3 website has confirmed a host of upcoming 3DS titles and among them is a graphical update of the classic Star Fox 64, known as Lylat Wars in Europe. Only a handful of screenshots are available at this time, so whether there are additional features remains to be seen. The visual improvement is noticeable, and unlike the series' DS entry, Star Fox Command, it looks like control will be more traditional. The touchscreen is used to display the controls, though it may have other functions that are not yet apparent.

Regardless, Star Fox 64 is considered a high point among the series and the genre, and the option to play it on the go is welcome. Nintendo Life will post future updates as they come.

[via e3.nintendo.com]

y2josh

y2josh said:

I'm hoping for an extended story mode and a save feature. Was talking about this in chat not long ago, Adam and Lz were against it :)

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Sounds good. I wonder if there will be liberties with the storyline or voice acting to modernize it a bit for 3D. Either way, I'm looking forward to this, the best Star Fox game ever made.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I know, it's INSANE how many games were announced for the 3DS on it's reveal day! But either way, that just means portable gems for the consumers! :)

Caliko

Caliko said:

Too... Much... Good... New.... Toda....

HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!!!!!!

Rhansley64

Rhansley64 said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, this is the one of the greatest NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!

Terra

Terra said:

This is possibly my favourite N64 game of all-time. I couldn't be happier to see this :) :) :) :)

Starkiller

Starkiller said:

Finally another Star Fox, and it's a remake that half of Wii owners probably already own. Well in the end I'll probably end up buying it anyway. :D

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I am so sold on the 3DS it isn't even funny. I am pre-ordering one of those babies the second I found out we can. So many great titles coming its way.

greenellow

greenellow said:

wonder which awful voice cast they'll use, the ones that are so bad it pretty damn cool, or the one's that made you want to kick a gamecube? hmmm..

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Star Fox would look cool in 3D, but I can't see shelling out $35 (assuming the price of games stays that) for a game that I bascially already own on VC. It will be interesting to see what other modes they add (full online multiplayer dogfights? Co-op missions online?).

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Yeah, Star Fox 64 is great, but I´m not buying it a second time. Not Zelda OoT either. But anyone who hasn´t played it yet should definitly give it a spin! Annoying bird! I am the Great Leon!

opeter

opeter said:

RedSteel

RedSteel said:

This game is by far the best game i ever played on the nintendo 64,now all nintendo needs to do is mmake this game wi fi...hhhmm...

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

@opeter"So, the Wii is almost dead? Now Nintendo is concentrating all it's power on the 3DS? Sad thing."

Someone must not have bothered looking at Wii's E3 game line-up. Lots of good games coming out. Seriously, calling the Wii almost dead is just a silly thing to do.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

How is the wii almost dead. As long as nintendo is bringing out games it will be around for a while. From what i could see they have a lot of games coming out some have not been anounced yet. Like all of ea sports for instance. As for this remake. I will get it i just hope a new version is in the works cause it seems like nintendo is just remakeing a lot of old games for the 3ds right now. Needs a metroid game to.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Much I would like to get this, I still have my N64 copy with Hard mode still begging to be completed. It was one of my favorite multiplayer games back then, but with barely any information about how the 3DS will do online (only if its improved), and the fact if this game will have online multiplayer is one of the few reasons I might bite and get it.

Until then, no thanks.

Markystal

Markystal said:

Another classic is going to be returned, another quantity of cash being removed from my wallets at gamestop... HOW AM I GOING TO CARRY ALL THESE GAMES OUT OF THE STORE!