E3 2010: Okamiden Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Brush with destiny

The focus might be on 3DS at this year's E3, but that doesn't mean the DS's life is about to reach an abrupt end. With Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Super Scribblenauts, the machine looks set to receive a number of quality titles over the next eighteen months, and right there in the mix is Okamiden.

With new screenshots displayed in a gallery underneath this post and a trailer full of new enemies, powers and plot points, Capcom is pushing the boat out on this one and giving the DS one of its most promising titles of the show. Check out the trailer below – it's even in HD, if you fancy it – and stay tuned to Nintendo Life over the coming days as we bring you exclusive First Impressions and an interview with the game's developers.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

This is beginning to look like one amazing game. Can't wait for this. Also, it looked like there are some areas from the original game included in this one. Maybe they are going to expand on the original map to include a lot of new areas. Anyway, looking forward to some impressions.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Still no release date? It seems they plan to follow in the footsteps of the original game and release right at the end of a console's lifespan, thereby ensuring a hard fought battle for sales. You'd think that they would have learned from the past mistake.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

:D Day-One Purchase for me! It looks like it'll be a great sequel to an already fantastic game.:)

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Wow this looks perfect on the DS... I just hope its a bit more exciting than the first game. Cuz that was a great game, it just got VERY boring and I got lost at times.

Zelda42

Zelda42 said:

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THIS TRAILER!!!!! I AM SO GOING TO GET THIS!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! OH. MY. GOSH. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I'm okay. This will be way exciting. It is PORTABLE. On the go Okami. Yay yay yay yay yay.

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

I added it to my Backloggery wishlist. I can't wait for this game :D To bad won't come out soon :(
@Flandy better be patient and get a 3DS. It can play DS games, too :)