You'd have thought these two could have settled their differences by now, but the long-standing rivalry between Mario and Donkey Kong continues to boil, with Mario vs Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem for DS the latest title to pit the two against each other.
With the promise of user-generated content and plenty of puzzle action it doesn't look like this one will deviate from the series' tradition, but if that means more enjoyable girder-based action we certainly won't be complaining. Launching this holiday season, here's the official fact sheet along with some screenshots:
Mini Marios Mean Maximum Fun
At the grand opening of Mario’s third theme park, the first 100 guests receive a new Mini Pauline toy. Donkey Kong™ arrives as the 101st guest and finds himself out of luck. He grabs Pauline and heads into the park with Mario™ and his Mini Marios in hot pursuit. The fourth game in the series adds new challenges and new opportunities for users to share what they have created.
- Edit and play: The latest installment to the Mario vs. Donkey Kong™ franchise to arrive on the Nintendo DS family of systems is an exciting action puzzle game in which players use the stylus to place objects like girders, springs, conveyer belts, pipes and ladders to guide the Mini Marios to the end door of each level.
- Using an intuitive tool kit, players can create new level maps and share them with members of the public near or far using the local wireless connection of the Nintendo DS or Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection and wireless broadband Internet access. People can rate the levels and see which ones people like the best.
- Regular themed challenges will invite user-created entries that players can vote on. The top rated levels will be announced at the end of the challenges.
- Mini Pauline toys join the other familiar toys in the series (Mini Mario, Mini Toad™, Mini Princess Peach™ and Mini Donkey Kong).
- A help button, new map mode and an in-game reference guide, also referred to as the Super Guide, make it easy for anyone to pick up and play.