You're Probably Not Good Enough to Beat Sin and Punishment 2 on Hard

Posted by James Newton

So say the game's developers

In a recent interview with Official Nintendo Magazine, Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies producer Masato Maegawa claims his new game is so unrelentingly difficult that he doesn't expect anybody to finish it on the most difficult setting.

I think that the Easy Mode is the perfect difficulty for anybody to be able to play the game to the end without having to give up and that, like with the first game, Hard Mode is so difficult that you may find it impossible to beat.

There's a man who would know, but we're willing to bet that at least one talented European player has already managed to conquer the game on Hard. Could it be you?

Even if you've not beaten it on the tough setting you might want to check out these rather amazing high score videos posted on the game's official website to give you a little taste of how good you'll need to be to finish this one.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

Klapaucius

Klapaucius said:

"may find it impossible to beat"... may it actually be impossible? o_o
Should ask them if they can beat it. If the people who made the game don't stand a chance...

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

They think that a ninja can't beat the game on hard? LIES!!! I will destroy their A$$es...once the game releases in the states. :'(

Croz

Croz said:

So far i've just completed stage 4 on hard, i'm currently getting owned by that lion/bird monster boss on stage 5, its impossible to dodge it when its doing that spinning move thing when you get it on low heath!!! but i've gotta say after just completing those 4 stages on hard i can now clear the game so easy on normal difficulty. So there is hope that one day i will complete it!

Gogata

Gogata said:

Harder than beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma on all Difficulties and beating all missions on all difficulties? And Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on all difficulties twice without UT on Master Ninja and beating all missions? And beating Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must die with all SSS ranks? And beating Battletoads? lol

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

@Gogata - Harder than sigma, yes (easily exploitable system if you know where to look. NG 2 on Master Ninja w/ missions is harder, as they nixed some of the cheap tactics (and the game is a nightmare). DMC 3 was a cakewalk comparatively...but nothing touches Battletoads. At least treasure knows how to make a hitbox...and don't just do away with battling/energy entirely after about the third level :)

Played on my buddy's modded Wii. It's flippin' delightful...hard was exactly that (didn't have a ton of time w/ it, but it was deliciously difficult)

Ryon

Ryon said:

im near the end on hard mode... its not really that hard when you can guess/assume/figure out where somethings weak point is.. but then again. i LOVE these types of games. space harrier baby!

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Bring it on, Sin & Punishment 2! I'm warning you, I'm really good at video games! I beat 20 problems on Brain Age! =P

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@MasterGravehear..... LOL... I beat NSMB DS and I only died like 100x does that make me worthy too? ;)

@GoGata.... i gave up on Master Ninja on the boss where you have to play as Rachael and he has those annoying flippin double handguns... that guy is so flippin cheap and POed me so bad I just said screw it lol.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Now I want this game even more, too bad I lack money. Also want to play the first one first.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I'm going to give thi a pass. When I can't even pass the first few levels on easy mode (most Shmups and fighters), it gets really frustrating and makes me feel like a lame gamer. However, give me any decent platformer or puzzle game and I'll have my way with it (except Megaman, but he kinda falls in the shooter category just as much as platform).

madgear

madgear said:

I'm playing through on "normal" - the difficulty I always use on games to start with. However I'm finding it very tough - I can't manage to beat the stage 3 boss so I'm dreading to see what the rest of the game is like. I can believe that finishing it on hard could be close to impossible.