Tournament of Legends Trailer Smacks Us With a Multi-hit Combo

Posted by Trevor Chan

See High Voltage Software's beat 'em up in action

Beat 'em up gamers will be glad to know that Sega has released another gameplay trailer for the upcoming Tournament of Legends, developed by High Voltage Software for the Wii. Looking slick and action-packed, feast your eyes on it below.

Using characters with a mythical undertone, players can wield up to two weapons, one in each hand using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk setup. Gamers will be able to enchant their blades with additional effects and even steal weapons from defeated opponents.

Fight fans can enjoy this beat 'em up when it launches in the US on 6th July.

RogueBologna

RogueBologna said:

wii controls without m+ and the $30.000 msrb tells me this game isn't that serious about being good

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

This looks crap and it's not surprising because games that have radical changes not long before release aren't normally that good and I'm surprised that PEGI gave it a 16, this doesn't look that violent, it looks more like a 12.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

This looks MUCH better than their Dull, Colorless and generic Gladiator A.D. This on the other hand looks super colorful, vibrant, more creative and exciting. I especially love those two aquatic looking environments at 0:22 - 0:23

I'm also really digging that yellow Robot character at 0:23 as well. But most importantly, the gameplay looks....er...mediocre.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Anyone else notice those combo roman numerals look like the same font as Mortal Kombat II?
@TwilightV: I hear you. Remember that first pixelated teaser image? Awesome. And now we get..... Mace: The Dark Age 2.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I will pick this up but the more I see it, the more I want Namco to step up and give the Wii a proper Soublade/Soulcalibur (Yes, I would even take the PSP one converssion). Still... I hope this arrives at the same price in Europe as in the US (30$).

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

Wow what happened? No blood. No gore. No language. No maturity or anything we saw months ago.
Just like most people are, I am too, disappointed.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Looks pretty cool, but probably no PAL release since it's from High Voltage.

Adam

Adam said:

I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with maturity, Chrono Cross.

Not that I'm looking forward to it, as I hate 3D fighters (aside from the likes of MK4 where it's hardly more 3D than Smash Brothers with its sidestepping), but it looks a lot better than the dull and generic game it was before. Now it has color and personality. Looks more interesting than everything else they've done so far, not that that says much.

mnementh

mnementh said:

it doesn't make much sense. It's as if they would release The Conduit 2 with no online support. I also preferred the Gladiator graphics.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

sega should have handled this themselves knowing how good the virtua fighter games are. but to let high voltage step in just killed any interest.

siavm

siavm said:

This looks like the poor mans soul calibur. And that was not a compliment.

motang

motang said:

Looks pretty cool, reminds me of a War Gods which was an awesome game...and I can't seem to find it :'(

Definitely going to check this one out!

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

This also reminds me of War Gods which I have mixed feelings about but do not hate as much as the magazines I've read do. This game doesn't look like something I want to use motion controls for so I think I'll pass, especially if there is no GameCube or Classic Controller option.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

I don't know what some of you are talking about, this game looks a 100 times better then the muddy crap that was the old version of this game.
I think it looks like a very competent fighter....I will admit not having online will hurt it.. A LOT, but this game doesn't seem to be targeted towards us but parents and kids.
I hope it sells because I want HVS to earn money so they can fund their bigger projects.

Phoenix2

Phoenix2 said:

"I hope it sells because I want HVS to earn money so they can fund their bigger projects"

Like looking for jobs outside of game development?

By the way NintendoLife, why the hell does your website nearly max out a 2Ghz dual core processor on the homepage? It's taking 70-80% usage on both processors! Flash eh? You use it to bring in money and fail because it puts people off visiting the site because it reduces their computers to burning piles of ash. I guess there really isn't much you can do to improve things when - like I've always said - you guys jump into ideas without thinking. I'll be back form the ban later!

Adam

Adam said:

"Like looking for jobs outside of game development?"

Ahahahahaha, yes.

Oregano

Oregano said:

@Yasume: HVS told me it was being released on the first week of June in Europe(through an e-mail) and they also have a PAL boxart for it.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the title but the lack of content is off-putting but the reduced rice makes it appealing. I might get it.

Boonehams

Boonehams said:

Like several here have said, this game reminds me A LOT of War Gods. And being a fighter fan, I'd be lying if I didn't say my interest wasn't piqued. I'll wait for the reviews before I make up my mind, however.

jbrodack

jbrodack said:

I liked the way it looked before when they were comparing it to bushido blade. Would have made it stand out much more looking more realistic and violent. Now it just looks like a fighting game from a company not used to making fighting games.