Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap-Tap - Get Practising with 16-Shot Shooting Watch for DSiWare

Posted by James Newton

Hudson's tap trainer on the way to the US

It's been available on the Japanese DSiWare market for a few weeks now, but a recent ESRB rating has revealed the 16 Shot! Shooting Watch is on its way to North America in the near future.

Although it sounds like a rather James Bond-esque gadget, the Shooting Watch is a device to help you find out exactly how quickly you can tap a button in a specified length of time. Hudson's Mr Higgins – otherwise known as Meijin Takahashi – rose to fame for being able to make 16 taps in one second, so who knows? Maybe the same could happen to you if you can blitz his record.

Hopefully this one will stay at the 200 Points mark from its Japanese release so if you feel the need to bash your DSi screen repeatedly at least you can do so cheaply.

[via gonintendo.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I've got the real thing. But nice to make this available on DSiWare.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I use my Shooting Watch to time TV dinners. Works great! LOL

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

This is more like something that would be a pointless app for the iPhone...and it already is...and a dollar cheaper.

SuperPeach

SuperPeach said:

I'd like to know how fast I can button bash but I don't want to pay money or ruin my dsi.

WildPidgeyAppears

WildPidgeyAppears said:

I want to hire Takahashi, because I bet he's pro at those damn MGS torture mini-games. He could just do them for me each time.

CharlieRod

CharlieRod said:

I might get this just to see how good I am, but the video I saw on wired.com showed him doing it in the form of a game which would be cool.

piguy101

piguy101 said:

You spelled practicing wrong...or it might be the Canadian or European version.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

LOL I got this in Adventure Island for the WiiWare. It's a fun thing to have, but it should be free w/o getting Adventure Island I think. Can anyone top 100 taps in 10 secs? That's the best I can do and my friends couldn't even believe it, lol, but I've heard people can do better.....???