Podcast: NLFM Episode 6: Epic

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Space, monsters and boss battles, oh my

It's been a while, space cats, but NLFM is back with another mighty handsome selection of the finest chip and game music around. This time we're splitting chip tunes and swirling epics right down the middle, with equal parts fantastic on both sides.

NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.

Here's what's brewing this episode:

1. Cheapshot — Boss Battle Beats
2. SMILETRON — Viral (Control)
3. Pocketmaster — (Residue)
4. DEADBEATBLAST — Thundershock (SPLATTERHAPPY)
5. Mark Ronson — Circuit Breaker (Record Collector)
6. Konami — Bloody Tears (Super Castlevania IV)
7. Konami — Snake vs. Shaman (Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes)
8. Capcom — The Great Mountain Marches (Monster Hunter 3 Tri)
9. Nintendo — Battle for the Grand Star (Super Mario Galaxy)

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

To avoid the gnashing of teeth that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.

Related Games

Machu

Machu said:

Epic selection! :O Downloading now. Thanks! :)

edit: Tell ya what, The Great Mountain Marches is epic in-game, but listening to it REALLY loud whilst hyped on coffee is something else. :O And then... Mario in Space! Weeeeeh! Untitled

James

James said:

Really enjoyed this episode and cannot wait to hear some listener creations.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

How would one go about submitting the creations from games without an export option? Or is that sadly out of the question?

James

James said:

The best way is to plug your DS/DSi's headphone socket into your computer's microphone/line in using a 3.5mm jack-to-jack cable.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Ah, that makes sense. I don't have the equipment with which to do all that, but I also don't have any music I've made that's really good enough to submit, so...yeah.:P

monsterG

monsterG said:

This podcast was my first from my newest favorite site. Discovered NL right after picking up my DSi XL. Awesome reviews for DSiWare.
Anyways, the music in this podcast was perfect for my 2+ mile power walk this morning on my iPod Touch.

IanUniacke

IanUniacke said:

I had no idea this podcast was here till I read the audacity tutorial. Glad to find a good new source of game and game related music. :)