Podcast: NLFM Episode 6: Epic
Posted by Jon Wahlgren
Space, monsters and boss battles, oh my
It's been a while, space cats, but NLFM is back with another mighty handsome selection of the finest chip and game music around. This time we're splitting chip tunes and swirling epics right down the middle, with equal parts fantastic on both sides.
NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.
Here's what's brewing this episode:
1. Cheapshot — Boss Battle Beats
2. SMILETRON — Viral (Control)
3. Pocketmaster — (Residue)
4. DEADBEATBLAST — Thundershock (SPLATTERHAPPY)
5. Mark Ronson — Circuit Breaker (Record Collector)
6. Konami — Bloody Tears (Super Castlevania IV)
7. Konami — Snake vs. Shaman (Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes)
8. Capcom — The Great Mountain Marches (Monster Hunter 3 Tri)
9. Nintendo — Battle for the Grand Star (Super Mario Galaxy)
To avoid the gnashing of teeth that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.