Japanese Virtual Console list - June 2010

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

More Neo Geo support

There's not much of note for Japan next month on the Virtual Console. Nintendo's only title is a Super Famicom game we'll likely never get. Aside from that, there's just two NES and Neo Geo games to pick from.

The full list for June is as follows:

Famicom:

• Meta Fight (The original Japanese version of Blaster Master. The storyline is completely different, but aside from that it's the same game.)
  • SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi - Scramble Wars (A strategy title based on Gundam. It was rereleased in Japan as part of their Famicom Mini (NES Classics) series for GBA a few years ago.)

Super Famicom:

• Heisei Shin Onigashima: Kouhen (June 1st - The second and last part of an updated Super Famicom rerelease of the FDS title Shin Onigashima.)

Neo Geo:

• Fighter's History Dynamite (A fighter developed by Data East. It was retitled Karnov's Revenge in the west because Karnov, Data East's mascot, is one of the playable characters!)
  • Flying Power Disc (A crazy sports game based on the real-life game of frisbee tennis. It was released in the west as WindJammers.)

Related Games

said:

I remember Karnov's Revenge. was fun but a bit cheesy and with lots of street fighter knock offs

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

So if Gundam games can come to the VC now, I hope we get some of the fighting games here. I would quite like Kidou Senshi Gundam W: Endless Duel.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Where's Yoshi's Island?

Well obviously its not this week is it. Nor shall it be in July. Likely not even this year.

There's your answer.

outrun2sp

outrun2sp said:

Fighters History Dynamite is very good. I have it on Saturn with the ram cart.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

Windjammers was fun I played that game a lot. Fighter's History Dynamite isn't the best fighter on the system but it's definitely above average.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Nope. Fighter's History is the first game and came to the SNES. Fighter's History Dynamite is the sequel and is known as Karnov's Revenge in America but did not come to the SNES.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

@Caliko - there was an arcade/NES game simply called Karnov. I read the NES review on FlyingOmelette's website. Maybe that's what your thinking of.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Well, they were at 3 games last month, and now they're at 5, so not bad i say. They're going to have at least one double VC week.

Looks like the only ones we might get out of this list are the Neo Geo ones, but still its good the VC is getting nice support either way.

Good they already have the date for the 2nd Shin Onigashima game too.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

I still can't get over how creepy Karnov looks up close! =O
Anyway, it looks like a fun fighter, even though I looked up that it blatantly plays like Street Fighter II.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

He he, I recently got the Saturn version of Fighters History Dynamite. It´s very average but it´s amusing to play a true SFII-clone. Pretty hard too.

I´ve heared Wind Jammers is popular, so why not... Neo Geo support is a good thing. Whith or without 60hz I guess...

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Cool, I didn´t know about Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu! Looks like fewer characters than in Dynamite, but at least it seems to have some kind of storymode.