Call of Duty: Black Ops for Wii in Doubt

Posted by Zach Kaplan

GameStop pre-order listing omits Nintendo's console

Those who have enjoyed the Call of Duty franchise's previous outings on Nintendo platforms will surely be disappointed to learn of retail outlet GameStop's omission of the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops' Wii incarnation on its pre-order listing.

Activision has yet to officially announce which systems will carry the title, so it's all speculation at this point. But based on this new development, however, it's looking more likely that Black Ops will either unfortunately see a delayed Wii release or possibly none at all.

Treyarch, the developers of this year's entry, have been Wii-friendly for past Call of Duty games, delivering versions of their previous entries Call of Duty 3 and World at War. The studio also ported Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to Wii in November 2009, two years after the game was originally released on PC and HD consoles. The Wii lacks a version of Modern Warfare 2.

[via digitalspy.com]

Streakk

Streakk said:

I would love this to come to the Wii, but shouldn't we get MD2 first? Just sayin. I'll be really optimistic and say that Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops will come together in a package deal!

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

Please let this come out for Wii. Why? It's on my B-day, and nothing would be better than playing a new COD game on my birthday

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Panda: I approve of this grammar correction!:D

I, for one, couldN'T care less. I'm no fan of the series in general, and very much doubt that a Wii version could stand up to the PS3 version anyway.

irken004

irken004 said:

I'll wait for an official announcement. If anything, they may make a Wii version at a later time.

Zach

Zach said:

@Panda & @Stuffgamer1

"Could care less" is a real phrase and means the same thing as "couldn't care less," even if it probably began with people ommitting the "n't".

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

Couldn't care less about CoD (except Nazi Zombies, which = fun). This means all my mates are going to be banging on about how amazing CoD is when it's released in September. >=[

said:

well there have been all on wii and sold pretty well so I don't see why not

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Raise your hand if your shocked..... exactly.

It's Activision, so I really could care less either way.

pokemonzrpg

pokemonzrpg said:

They should make it for Wii... if it played as smoothly with the Wii's controls as Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

Well, I would be looking forward to it, but it is highly likely that they won't make four player split screen with it on the Wii (since nobody but high voltage software can seem to figure out how to do it). I will just wait till Conduit 2 comes out and enjoy that instead.
CoD: MWR was good though, but it was lacking four player split screen as mentioned above.

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood said:

Bad news for only Wii owners! I personally don't care since I would prefer the Xbox360 version anyway. If HD versions (with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound) are available why should I buy a multiplatform title on Wii?

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

first of all people can't trust gamestop as news
but i would be shocked if the wii didn't get the game reflex sold a million copies from what i read

SonicDP

SonicDP said:

well ima buy this on 360 since its in HD,and 20x better ONLINE play then Wii.

accc

accc said:

^Actually it's not in HD, it only runs at 1024x600 resolution on PS3 and 360. Ironically, the Wii version is the only console version that CAN be played in HD (using the Dolphin emulator)

Tri4ceHolder

Tri4ceHolder said:

I don't enjoy the Call of Duty games. They are all about shooting and violence and NO Creativity.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@zkaplan: Of course I know what it's SUPPOSED to mean, but it's mangled English any way you look at it, and it bothers me. That said, I must agree with the logic in V8 Ninja's second post...I could also care less, as I bothered to click on the news announcement in the first place.:P

@Egg meister: GameStop's usually on the ball when it comes to upcoming releases, actually. There have been several games I've seen in the system before they were even ANNOUNCED, with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection coming first in my mind. Believe me, if Activision was planning a Wii version of this game, GameStop would know about it already.