Art Style: light trax Smoothly Glides to North America on May 24th

Posted by James Newton

Ladies and gentlemen, start your Nintendo Points!

It seems like ages since the last Art Style game hit WiiWare as the series' focus shifted to DSiWare, but the drought will soon be over as the next entry is due to hit North America in just ten days' time.

European fans itching for some stylish arty Tron-style racing will be disappointed that light trax doesn't even have a page on the Nintendo Europe site, leading us to believe gamers outside North America may be faced with a long old wait.

[via nintendo.com]

Wolfcoyote

Wolfcoyote said:

This one sounds really good. Cubello didn't disappoint me on WiiWare (my sister even tried it a few times when I wasn't around) and this one looks like another winner. The neon colors and the black background (the art style) would look great on a television.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Yeah, this certainly looks like a nice one, though I'm not quite clear on what you're supposed to be doing!

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I really want this game. Hurry up with the EU release, Ninty D:

Boman

Boman said:

THIS IS A RACING GAME!

Dotstream for GBA (which is basically the same game) was excellent.
So I can't wait for this to come out.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Definitely just looks like a 3D update of Dotstream, so it really shouldn't be anything but an overly simplistic racing game, with each stream symbolizing one participant.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

is this multiplayer??? I've wanted to know this for a while and if it is only single player I will not be getting this ever

Tethers

Tethers said:

I'm quite surprised that the 'bit generations' series seems to be so unknown.

Boman

Boman said:

@L.Brown I suppose that's because they were released only in Japan.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

It's nice to see an Art Style that isn't puzzle oriented for once. I too have had my eye on this one for a while and haven't been too intrigued to purchased any Art Style games since Orbient.

AENIGMA

AENIGMA said:

FINALLY! I can't wait for this game. bit Generations: Dotstream was an awesome game. I wonder if they will include the original "trax" or if they are all new.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Ever since I learned what the Bit Generations were, I've wanted to try Dotstream... and hoped it'd be revisited on WiiWare. So I'm pumped. Imagine playing this is a pitch-black room.... Online play would be sweet but I won't hold my breath.

kam

kam said:

finally ive been waiting for this plus it coming out after SMG2

Tethers

Tethers said:

@ Boman: Of cource, but after the whole 'Art Style' games I thought it is already known that the most of them based on the 'bit generations' series.

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

Cant wait to play this game and hopefully Artstyle Rotozoa comes out soon too as well... that game looks fun and reminds me of flOw from ps3. :D

3230ru

3230ru said:

another ArtStyle would be just great I am pretty sure this is a remake of Dotstream (which was fantastic). Also I think this would not use wiimote features. But I hope they are already working on some other Artstyle title which would. Also I think that Coloris should be released as DSiWare.