THQ Announces Big Beach Sports 2

Posted by Trevor Chan

Includes five new activities

With summer just around the corner, it's about time that we're greeted with a plethora of sports titles. With Wii Sports Resort taking the limelight last summer, THQ hopes to kick things off with their sequel to 2008's Big Beach Sports.

Developed by Jet Black Games, Big Beach Sports 2 sees gamers taking part in the annual Coconut Cup Championship which takes place on the volcanic island of Moa Loa. With traditional outdoor games like Disc Golf, Cricket, Rugby, and Football available, players will also be able to take part in other activities such as Dune Buggy Racing, Canoeing, Water Rocket, and Surfing.

The game will feature a single player mode, as well as the ability to play multiplayer challenges with up to four players going head-to-head. The Wii Balance Board is also supported, allowing you to work those muscles you forgot you had when you ride those waves.

Big Beach Sports 2 is currently scheduled for release on the Wii this summer. Get those sunglasses and tanning lotion ready.

Terra

Terra said:

I thought this was announced ages ago. Or maybe that was just me assuming. Either way, this is still terrible news

Roo

Roo said:

Contrary to everyone else here, I thought the first one was all right. There's better, of course. I'll pick this up if it's under a tenner.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I think this was announced before April Fools. The first was a HUGE success for THQ, outselling even de Blob. Of course there's a sequel.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Oh god, please be an April Fool's. I remember N64 games that looked better than that.

mnementh

mnementh said:

I agree that it doesn't look like THQ's heart is in the right place. I wish more companies would learn from Capcom (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri), Ubisoft (Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2) or Xseed (Sky Crawlers, Fragile) how to make or publish awesome 3rd party Wii exclusives.

Mishichibi

Mishichibi said:

Yes! I've been waiting for the sequel to Big beach sports all year!!
Best game Evar!!!!