It's been a while, space cats, but NLFM is back with another mighty handsome selection of the finest chip and game music around. This time we're going to listen in on what makes Mario groove, go East/West (who knows?!) with the Kusagari and see just how epic one man can make the NES.
NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.
Here's what's cooking this episode:
1. Koji Kondo & Shinobu Tanaka — Special Stage (Super Mario Sunshine, GCN)
2. Nintendo/Konami — Boo Boogie (Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, GCN)
3. Brad Smith/Pink Floyd — Speak to Me/Breathe (Moon8)
4. Boy vs. Bacteria — Waiting For That Feeling
5. Swampyboy — Ocean Bay Remix (Songs About Girls)
6. Tom Salta — Back to the Old Temple (Red Steel 2, Wii)
7. Tom Salta — Vulture's Prayer (Red Steel 2, Wii)
8. John Sanderson/Nadeem Daya, performed by Blissful Death — Dim Sum for Papa (House of the Dead: Overkill, Wii)
9. SNK — Mission 3 (Metal Slug, Neo Geo)
10. Martin Penny — End Theme (Perfect Dark, N64)
To avoid the gnashing of teeth that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.