Shin'en Introduce Jett Rocket for WiiWare

Posted by Anthony Dickens

Shin'en announce their next WiiWare project, taking to the skies with Jett Rocket

Jump and run and fly! Let Jett Rocket explore the beautiful planet of Yoroppa and find out why it has been attacked by the evil 'Power Plant Posse'. Ride the ocean on your Jet Boat, parachute from giant cliffs, speed through arctic regions on your Jet Snowboard or skyrocket with your Jet Pack. Just be Jett Rocket in this epic futuristic full 3D Action-Adventure!

Shin'en developed the excellent Art of Balance for WiiWare so we have high expectations for Jett Rocket. Initial impressions from the screenshots are very positive, expect more information and footage to follow soon.

[via jett-rocket.shinen.com]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Art of Balance is meant to be excellent isn't it (come to EU pls ffs); thus I have high hopes for this game. Looks good, but could do with being wiimotionplus

Pilotwings style jet-pack?

PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising said:

Why does is there, what looks like paint or oil or urine, on the metal platforms on some of these screen shots?

Ren

Ren said:

wow, thats Wiiware? who knew you could fit games that look that good onto a wiiware size file. Very interesting.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I do hope they bring Nanostray in the future to Wiiware! They have too!!!

3230ru

3230ru said:

nice.. but I prefer their shooting titles. hope they will bring Iridion to DSiWare

pixelman

pixelman said:

Holy shizzlefat, those are some fancy visuals for a WiiWare game. Looking forward to it, looks like they're putting a lot of effort into it.

Imerion

Imerion said:

Wow! This game just got me to post my first post here. :)
I really like action-platformers like this and I am extremely impressed with how this looks. Some really fancy tech going on there! Then again, I didn't expect anything else from the great Shin'en. Just hope the gameplay will match it.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Wow, a 3D platformer! I thought this genre practically died off last gen. Hopefully I will have as much fun with this Wiiware game as I've had with de Blob and Rabbids Go Home.

Popyman

Popyman said:

This looks AWESOME! I love flying but most flying games are all about shooting things.. This seems much better than that!

Yasume

Yasume said:

Shin'en Multimedia has definitely the best games graphic wise. Fun! Fun! Minigolf and Art of Balance are both gorgeous and this one doesn't seem to be any less.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Those graphics look very good for a WiiWare game. However, I will not judge until I've seen some gameplay.

Moco_Loco

Moco_Loco said:

I'm actually trying to get my head around how they can pull off those graphics and keep the file size small. Maybe a small number of areas get recycled with different goals? Even then, the areas would have to be fairly small. Either that, or they're just that good at squeezing a glass of orange juice out of a single orange slice.

koopa85

koopa85 said:

After playing the amazing Art of Balance I'm looking forward to anything coming from Shin'en.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Wow, this looks incredible! I want it! I should probably download Art of Balance too considering that I've heard nothing but great things about it.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Yess, more 3D action adventures (platformers)
My favourite genre of game. :D

PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising said:

@MrMartinLee: You're probably right there. I'm getting quite excited about this one. In a recent review, Shinen said they're using procedural textures generated in real time for grass and other materials which saves on a hell of a lot of storage. Oh, and the game is planned to be running at 60fps!

Despite my reservations on Art of Balance I'll be buying it in order to support Shinen'. By the sounds of things they've got another project under wraps for Wiiware too.