Rathalos Figurine Swoops in on Monster Hunter Preorders

Posted by James Newton

More information on the limited edition, too

If, like us, you're busy counting down the days and stitching up your armour in anticipation of the upcoming Monster Hunter 3 (~Tri), you’ll probably be interested in the announcement of a European preorder incentive in the form of a Rathalos head figurine.

Not only that, the final piece of the European-exclusive limited edition pack is revealed as a figurine of Lagiacrus, the water-dwelling monster that features very heavily in MH3’s marketing so far. With a Classic Controller Pro, Wii Speak, Lagiacrus head figurine and copy of the game, this is the ultimate pack for serious hunters, though no doubt there’ll also be strategy guides to purchase on top, so best get saving.

There’s no word on which European retailers will be offering these figurines or the limited editions – though GAME.co.uk is stocking the limited edition and will ship to Europe – but as always we’ll update you as soon as we get new information.

Update: GAME has commented to say that it is not currently offering this figure, but that could change:

We don't currently have this offer but if an offer goes up anyone who has already preordered will also receive the bonus item.

In the meantime, here's a press release to tide you over until you can play fight with your Rathalos and Lagiacrus figurines.

Monster Hunter Tri, the game everyone is talking about, roars into life across Europe on 23rd April 2010, and hunters that snap up a copy of the game or any bundle early will receive a stunning free Rathalos head figurine.

Gamers across Europe also have the opportunity to become the ultimate hunter by picking up the exclusive Monster Hunter Tri bundle, which includes the game, a black Classic Controller Pro, Wii Speak accessory and a Lagiacrus head figurine. The ultimate hunter pack bundle will be available from launch.

No ordinary action game, Monster Hunter Tri features an entire living and breathing ecosystem, where monsters interact authentically and naturally with each other, their environment – and you.

You play an up-and-coming hunter in a land where humans and monsters co-exist. Your battles with the fearsome creatures you face will be challenging, tactical and you will learn to pick them wisely, respecting the monsters and seeking to defeat them only in order to gain vital items for your quest.

A story-led single-player mode allows players to immerse themselves into the game’s huge world, and multiplayer modes offer an additional level of excitement. Play co-operatively in a two player split screen mode or team up with friends online and take part in epic battles with enormous, monsters. With full Wii Speak compatibility, hunters can share their knowledge of monsters’ weaknesses, discuss hunting strategy in real time, and even cry for help when needed or celebrate after a victorious battle.

Pre-order your copy or bundle now to ensure you collect a beautiful Rathalos head figurine.Monster Hunter Tri launches in Europe on 23rd April 2010.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Cool. Now I can play Monster Hunter and scare kids with my pre-order bonus. :D

edit: Not as cool as picture shown and EU only so far.... :(

JayArr

JayArr said:

oh, I was going of the caption on the picture as far as not looking that cool. No I don't believe there are any images yet. I hope they end up that beastly looking though. :O

James

James said:

It'll probably be the size of your thumbnail and have a wonky eye, but who cares? It's a free figurine of a detached dragon head. Now that is a quality preorder item.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Man, how many thing's are they going to get in that bundle? They might as well throw in pizza and ice cream.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Do you Europeans have an evil, giant corporate equivalent to Gamestop here in the 'states (and Canada)? Y'know the type; the kinda places where, if you ask the corporate tool/employees there to recommend a game, they don't have an honest answer. They just regurgitate whatever uber mainstream, safe bet, dime-a-dozen, creatively bankrupt military FPS that Activision's currently paying them to push on consumers at the moment?

I'm just wondering because, over here, all the cool preorders are somehow Gamestop exclusives, and it's a pain-in-the-. If you want all the cool swag or neat DLC, you have to preorder through Gamestop these days. sigh

I hope that NOA's Monster Hunter Tri preorder plans DON'T involve that horrendous company. I really, really do...

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

@Vinsanity: Yup, nearly all our game shops are like that. I spent nearly 10 minutes arguing with a guy in Gamestation that I wanted the MKWii bundle with my Wii, not Carnival Games. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S CHEAPER IT'S A TERRIBLE GAME.
And then a further 10 minutes telling him I couldn't care less about spending half the price again on an extended warranty, no matter how wondrous he tried to make it sound.

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

Bah, I probably won't be able to afford the ultimate bundle, considering I already have Wii Speak. I'll just have to get the CC Pro bundle.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

This seems to work a little bit differently in the rest of Europe - I got a PR from Nintendo of the Netherlands, and they say the first X people to register the game on Club Nintendo will get a special figurine.

Yanagi

Yanagi said:

I'm eagerly anticipating this game, but why is Europe getting all the love? C'mon, Capcom, throw a bone to us yankees.

NeoRausch

NeoRausch said:

Cool, i preordered at GameStop... maybe i'll get Rathalos too. would be a nice looking detail on my desk. :)

AVahne

AVahne said:

damn this generation Europe gets all the good stuff, and its only them

wizball-23

wizball-23 said:

Amazon.co.uk have opened pre-orders on the LE package (Monster Hunter Tri, Classic Controller Pro, Wii Speak, plus Lagiacrus) for £30.99. That's just a quid more than the game + controller bundle, and the same price as the game + controller + Wii Speak bundle! Sweet!

NeoRausch

NeoRausch said:

just saw an info on german nintendo channel.
one figure for pre order
one figure for limited edition
one figure for register the game at the nintendo site (limited!)
so yeah, i will get two of them and ebay the last. :P

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

@Raylax: Thanks for the info. Should I ever head to the UK, I'll make sure I know where NOT to go for my gaming needs;) Glad to know that we're not the only ones who suffer - misery loves company, after all!

I guess I should just cave and start getting used to combing through ebay listings for gamestop-exclusive swag. There's gotta be a better way to get this stuff and not have to get it through Gamestop. Wish you could just preorder on the publisher's website and get the swag that way. What good ARE you, Capcom.com?

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Lucky Europeans. You get all the good stuff....

Just kidding, just why does it have to be this time you get the better preorder bonus?

James

James said:

The staff at my local Gamestation are actually excellent. Just wanted to say that!

Looking forward to getting my hands on this mighty fine lookin' figurine, though.

Nightsky071

Nightsky071 said:

Phew atleast its for Europe, I didn't want a figure to come with my game. Unless rathalos likes giving head

Nightsky071

Nightsky071 said:

@ Xkhaoz

I would love if they threw pizza and ice cream in lol. I just wish the U.S. could get the very first game like Japan did. I had got it on PS 2 but never played it because I didnt have online