Rage of the Gladiator Coming March 15th

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Get your gladiator gear ready!

Ghostfire Games has just announced that their upcoming WiiWare fighter Rage of the Gladiator will be released on the North American WiiWare service on March 15th for 1500 1000 Wii Points.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments with the game and of course we'll have a full review of the title shortly after its release.

Update: Ghostfire Games has spoken to Nintendo and the new price of Rage of the Gladiator will now be 1000 Wii Points.

[via ghostfiregames.com]

Objection

Objection said:

That is unforcunately a steep price, which will likely keep me from downloading it.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Nice to see that it is finally coming out but 1500 points is just way too expensive for me. I'm going to be saving my points for Cave Story thank you.

RocketBird

RocketBird said:

I think that price point is a huge mistake. Unless this game just rocks the world and earns a hearty 9 they are going to loose a LOT of sales. Just think of how many people would give it a shot if it was 900. Probably make much more money based on quantity of sales.

pixelman

pixelman said:

:initially thinks "we're being spoiled the month", then sees 1500 point price tag, now bummed out:

Awesome5

Awesome5 said:

Did everybody forget that World of Goo was 1500? Yeah the price is a bit steep for wiiware, but it also means more game right? (assuming nintendo bases the prices on that). If it gets a solid review then ill give it a shot.

Kirk

Kirk said:

Well to be honest you're getting a full Punch Out style game for that price and considering Punch Out Wii was a full priced title, and to be honest there's not much different in terms of the amount of content here, I don't think it's that expensive.

Malouff

Malouff said:

I too was all hyped and the 1500pt tag just killed it for me.

I hate getting odd priced games as you get left over points.

I have had 500pts sitting in my account for over a year and just got Happy Hammering thinking this would be 1000pts looks like I should have waited.

Unless Nintendo starts offering 500pts to be purchased this will have to wait until I either get two 1500pt games or I find another good 500pt game to go along with it.

I really wish Nintendo would offer us to purchase single points.

siavm

siavm said:

Unless this gets world of goo scores, that price is to high. If this is an average game it is going to tank badly.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Nintendo Power Magazine gave this game a "hmmm...", which is their equivalent to a so-so or average game. If I'm going to be spending that much on a downloadable game it better be a darn good one.

Kirk

Kirk said:

Hmmmm...

It looks like Nintendo has basically just f*****d Ghostfire over with that price based on some of these comments.

Why can't the developers just decide the price of their own game.

irken004

irken004 said:

I was not hyped for this, and the price basically just confirmed my decision of not purchasing it.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

If everyone thought this was going to be a quality game in the first place, then $15 shouldn't be that much of a turn-off. Everyone loved World of Goo. People payed $50 for Punch-Out and for 360 owners, this is the same price as most XBLA games.

Ghostfire is squeezing a lot out of little and are trying their best to market their quality. As for the Nintendo Power review, you have to take their opinions with a grain of salt because they can be very inconsistent. According to them Strong Bad ranked higher than World of Goo despite some finding it to be GOTY material. Jungle speed received a "grumble grumble" despite an 80 or so rating on Metacritic.

Yes, the price stings, but I still intend to purchase. It may be put on the back burner for some other games now though instead of day 1.

Yanagi

Yanagi said:

The real "deal-breaker" will be paying 1500 points for a crappy game and the jury is still out on that. If the game is awesome, I'll have no problem shelling out the cash.

That said, I will need some assurance that this game is awesome, so I'm definitely waiting until the staff here reviews it.

Viper6391

Viper6391 said:

Why does Nintendo do BS things like this? Are they trying do turn all of Ghostfire's potential buyers away. Let the developer decide on the price! This game should not be priced more than 1000 wii points. World of Goo would've sold a lot more if it didn't have that high price tag. I love Nintendo, but that's just BS.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

We've got a price drop already! Rage of the Gladiator now to cost 1000 Wii Points. :)

PhazonBlue

PhazonBlue said:

Corbie, was this just bad reporting or what? Was it a mistake or did the price really drop from 1500 to 1000?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Did you read the new article on top of the main page? Ed gave a quote about the change. :)

Strofan7

Strofan7 said:

haha fantastic. maybe not day 1 purchase as i'll still be playing mlb the show 10, but without a doubt month 1 purchase

PhazonBlue

PhazonBlue said:

My Bad! This is awesome News, and now that I think of it, it was great reporting. You seem to be the first to post this news on all of the internet!! Good Job, as always!

CoffeeWithGames

CoffeeWithGames said:

I was buying this game day 1 at 1500, this is even better!
Thank you Ghostfire and Nintendo. I hope this game sells boat loads!

BTW, from what I had seen from the game, I thought it was worth 1500.