Lilt Line Zipping to WiiWare

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Gaijin Games enters the publishing fray

Gaijin Games has the whole retro-abstract aesthetic on WiiWare locked down with their BIT.TRIP series (although maybe not so abstract anymore), and now they're further tightening their vice-like grip on it by stepping into the publishing game with an iPhone-to-WiiWare conversion of developer Different Cloth's Lilt Line.

In Lilt Line, players navigate a white line through a series of rainbow gradient tunnels by tilting the iPhone or iPod Touch while tapping in time to the occasional on-screen cue. The game boasts a pretty nice chip-dubstep soundtrack done by 16bit too.

You can learn more about the game over at its official Web site, by hitting up the App Store yourself or by ogling the trailer below.

Direct link

[via gonintendo.com]

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Looks very Bit.Trip-ish. Surprised that it wasn't made by Gaijin Games. Anyways, I can't wait! :)

0-Watt

0-Watt said:

I think it will be 500-600 points, around where Bit.Trip is. The game will probably have to compete with light trax, but I certainly hope both get noticed. They are both different styles of games. This is more arcadey, whereas light trax is racing.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

this just doesn't look like it would fit in on WiiWare.. this is short burst mobile gaming.... and i'd rather they just spend their time on Bit. Trip until the 6-part saga is done.

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

i think this might be better suited for DSi (using the camera for tilt)... it doesnt look all that great for wii... i could be wrong but we'll see

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

not bad. could be easily translated to wiimote's motion controls.

Z_Bone

Z_Bone said:

This looks ... hard. I used to have a game like this on my TI-83 Plus blue silver back edition. I think Light Trax will fill all of my "moving line of light" needs.