Furry Legends Teaser Trailer Born, Suitably Cute

Posted by James Newton

Upcoming WiiWare title goes episodic

Gamelion Studios' upcoming Furry Legends has been a bit quiet recently, but the studio has just sent over a new teaser trailer showing the title is coming along nicely. Although it doesn't show much, the spherical cow is almost certainly the cutest thing you'll see on the Internet today. If it's not, you should reconsider your bookmarks.

Accompanying the trailer was the announcement the game will be going episodic, with Chapter 1 currently at Nintendo of America and Europe, with a Q2 release still on the cards. Chapter 2, which will not require the first episode to be playable, will feature completely different environments and is currently in development now.

Sebastian Szczygiel, VP at Gamelion Studios, had this to say:

Due to the file size limitations of 40MB we felt that this was the only way we could get out to the WiiWare market all the content we actually did for this game.

Still not sure this title's for you? Spherical cow compels you to be interested. Keep your eyes peeled for some more exclusive – and rather exciting – Furry Legends coverage in the coming weeks.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Fu--! This is rather disappointing. I haven't yet bought an episodic WiiWare game, and I don't see this changing my mind. There's just something inside me that makes me reluctant to pay $10 for only part of a game.

Pearl Harbor Trilogy is a different story though. Each new release is going to have new features and more missions, so they're more like sequels than episodes.

James

James said:

@pixelman How do you know this isn't going to offer new features in each episode? And how do you know it'll be $10? Lots still to be discovered about this one :)

Sebastian_Gamelion

Sebastian_Gamelion said:

Hi Pixelman! It's not episodic like the Telltale Games. It's a new game with completely new content. We didn't plan to have another FL WiiWare until we found out that we are running out of the 40MB filesize and still have so much to show :)

wiiplayer26

wiiplayer26 said:

It looks great, it's episodic, it looks very lengthy.......SOLD. To me, no matter what price the game is.

siavm

siavm said:

If the length in the games is right and the price is right I may get this.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Will you have time to adjust/improve content based on fan feedback for each episode, or are the latter episodes already finished?

pixelman

pixelman said:

@Sebastian: Oh, well that's good to hear. So will this be more along the lines of the LostWinds series in terms of the episodic format? (I haven't played either of them, but both entries seem to be a full-length game).

@Prosody: Point taken.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Is the current mobile version the same as Furry Legends: Beginnings or will that be a different game entirely?

James

James said:

@stoopidditties - It's just been submitted to Nintendo for QA so I wouldn't expect a firm date yet. Any time in the next two or three months seems realistic.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Hm, well I like that the game seems very colorful and lighthearted, but the fact that its episodic is kind of a bummer. That doesn't mean I won't pick it up, because a quality game is worth the price, if it does end up costing quite a bit. I'll keep optimistic about it and form my decision once I see more trailers, gameplay, etc.