Bass Coming to Mega Man 10

Posted by Corbie Dillard

New playable character is on the way

Capcom has just announced that a new playable character for Mega Man 10 will be available for download on April 5th for 200 Wii Points.

The game already has Mega Man and Proto Man available as playable characters, but those looking for a little something else can drop 200 Wii Points and add a whole new edge to the game.

We are pleased to announce during this week’s Mega Man 10 launch that the rumors are true! Mega Man 10 does indeed have an additional character you can play as, and that character is Bass! On April 5th, users can download Bass for 200 Wii points.

Dr. Wily designed Bass with Mega Man’s abilities in mind. Of course there’s a bitter rivalry between the two, although Bass will help Mega Man out if he sees a benefit for himself.

Bass uses a weapon called the Bass Buster, which is a lot like the Mega Buster except that it fires faster and can fire upwards and diagonally (7 directions in all). He can also use the Bass Buster to shoot-down enemy attacks! He uses dash to avoid enemy advances. He can also copy the weapons of the bosses in the game after defeating them, just like Mega Man can. When he combines with his robotic canine pal Treble, he can fly and shoot more powerful projectiles with his buster.

We'll keep you updated on additional Mega Man 10 downloadable content and until then you can check out our full review of the game to find out what we thought of Mega Man's newest WiiWare adventure.

BL_Donth

BL_Donth said:

I have 200 points leftover. I'll be downloading this.
Edit: You guys didn't mention this but apparently Bass has his own story.

Supermegaman

Supermegaman said:

So uhh... what cant he do?
Proto man has at least some disadvantages (making him far worse imo), but bass just seems like some all out powerhouse beast thing. Wouldnt that be cheap?

sejan

sejan said:

If he's like Bass was in Megaman and Bass then he can't run and shoot at the same time. He might have been a little weaker too. It makes it really hard to dodge. If they took that disadvantage out then who knows what it'll be.

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

He has to have some weakness though... doe she take 3 times as much health or does his energy drain twice as fast. There has to be a catch.

Adamant

Adamant said:

In Megaman and Bass, his weaknesses were the lack of a slide, the inability to charge his weapons (made fighting bosses without their weakness weapon a huge pain), and the inability to run and shoot at the same time. Mega Man lacks two first of those in this game, too, so yeah, it looks like he'll be pretty overpowered.

Donatello

Donatello said:

His shots are almost like a machine gun in MM & Bass, and nope he can't run while shooting. I can't wait for this DLC! Bass is the shniz'

Wardy

Wardy said:

With all the tricks Bass has, I still found him incredibly difficult to use in Mega Man & Bass. Not being able to charge a shot is kinda annoying but I guess I just have to get used to him. It should come to nobody's surprise that Bass was the DLC character. Everyone thinks that Zero or X are going to make an appearance but I can't see Capcom crossing the two...three (?) series' together like that.

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

For those who want to know.
Bass will have plot elements and access to Reggae's Shop.

MrPinguy

MrPinguy said:

@Croz
Yes, 2€ is really an fortune! rolleyes
I don't have currently an stable job, and this isn't even trying to stop my wallet.

Croz

Croz said:

£2 for 200 points but you still have to spend £7 to get 1000 points.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

£7 for a new full Megaman game is quite cheap really. You're getting more than what you pay for. All the additional DLC added would be about what the game should actually cost. But then fewer people would buy it at 1500 points even if the DLC was already included.

Donatello

Donatello said:

Alittle off topic, but.has anyone beaten MM10 on hard mode yet with Mega man or Proto man? I've almost. I'm now at Wily's Stage 3 with Mega Man....And let me tell you, Wily's Stage 2 was one of the biggest torture fests around. You will die and die, while ripping your hair out and wanting to fling your Wii Remote into the Tv Screen.

But, once you master the patterns and learn when to use the right weapon at the right time you'll eventually beable to beat it....Only the MM pro's that is. It's the only level I've played that really puts your weapons to use(again, on hard mode that is)

Anyways, $2 for Bass? and considering MM10 is $10 Retail, that's a steal. I myself would pay $59.99 full price for MM10 alone :D

Rensch

Rensch said:

Nice, but I hate it when DLC tho make that doesn't need to be DLC is sold to rip extra money from us consumers.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I saw the Bass and Trebble 8 bit graphic in the manual in wiiware shop this monday.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Alright! Sounds like we're finally getting a character that's useful. Protoman hurt a lot more than he helped IMO. I never felt the need to use his slide and charge beam much, and his increased knockback distance and lower defense made the game much harder than it should've been. :(

said:

This should've been an extra feature for Mega Man 9. There's no reason to release another Mega Man.