WiiWare and DSiWare Release Dates Announced

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Download services keep on rolling!

Nintendo has just announced the release schedule for their DSiWare and WiiWare services at their Media Summit in San Francisco and it looks like the Nintendo digital download services are about to really heat up.

You can check out the full press release on these releases below and we'll have new screenshots on some of these games later today.

For WiiWare:

• Launching on March 1, Capcom’s Mega Man 10 builds upon the huge impact of Mega Man 9, a completely new adventure rendered in classic 8-bit style. This new game looks and sounds as awesomely retro as its predecessor.
  • Launching on March 8, Max & the Magic Marker from Press Play turns the Wii Remote into an orange magic marker that’s literally magic. Players draw lines and objects to help Max reach objects and his ultimate goal.
  • The long-awaited indie cult classic Cave Story comes to WiiWare with new game play, artwork and music enhancements on March 22. It’s classic gaming reborn for 2010.
  • Launching on March 29, WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase is a standalone product exclusive to the WiiWare service and available only from the Wii Shop Channel. The game contains more than 70 new microgames and features interoperability with the WarioWare: D.I.Y. game for the Nintendo DS family of products. Players that own both games can transfer content between the two via a local wireless connection, and can even play user-created microgames on their television using WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase.
  • As the techno music pulses, Nintendo’s Art Style™: light trax™ puts players in charge of a white beam of light as it engages in a surreal race against other beams across a dark track. Players must keep away from obstacles, use items and look for power boosts if they want to finish first. Art Style: light trax launches this spring.
  • Swim and spin through the primordial ooze in Nintendo’s Art Style: Rotozoa™ as you absorb tiny organisms that match the colors of your tentacles. As you absorb more organisms, your tentacles grow. The challenge increases as additional tentacles are gained, but power-ups can help you survive and thrive. Art Style: Rotozoa launches this spring.
  • Launching this spring, Rage of the Gladiator from Ghostfire Games is an intense fighting game that asks players to perfect their well-timed moves against an array of opponents. The game is compatible with the Wii MotionPlus accessory.
  • Launching this spring, And Yet It Moves from Broken Rules requires players to rotate the world to help their line-drawn protagonist progress. Walls become floors and floors become ceilings in this surreal twist on the platformer genre.
  • Launching this summer, Independent Games Festival Seumas McNally Grand Prize Finalist Super Meat Boy from Team Meat sets a cube of meat off on an adventure to save Princess Bandage. This off-the-wall game is not for the faint of heart.

For Nintendo DSiWare:

• Nintendo’s Photo Dojo™ is poised to be the cult hit of 2010 when it launches this spring. The game first asks players to pose for 13 pictures and input 10 sound effects. Once that’s done, the player becomes the main character in a hilarious side-scrolling fighting game. Create up to eight characters and do battle alone or against a friend on a single Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL system.
  • Launching this spring, Nintendo’s Metal Torrent™ delivers a frantic barrage of gunfire that fills the screen. Players try to convert opponents’ bullets into cubes that, when collected, increase their score and fill an energy meter that powers special weapons. Online Leaderboards record scores and movies of top games.
  • Launching this spring, X-Scape™ from Nintendo immerses players in an exploratory adventure involving more than 20 planets. Players will pilot their tank through 3-D tunnels, fire at enemies and even battle ancient weapons that resemble giant robots.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I know Wolf, I was a bit disappointed about that myself. :(

abe8812

abe8812 said:

Warioware D.I.Y. Showcase here I come! Getting it along with the DS version.

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

Art Style: Light Trax, formerly my favourite bit generations game, dotstream.

...Yes!

rosebud

rosebud said:

I was actually kind of disappointed by the DSiWare presence at the summit. X-Scape was supposed to be out in Feb and got pushed back; we all knew that Photo Dojo was coming eventually. Metal Torrent looks pretty good but I was expecting a little more.

Kevin

Kevin said:

Now everybody can finally shut up about Cave Story. The only game I'm looking forward to on this list is Mega Man 10.

Bigdog

Bigdog said:

Photo Dojo, if the fighting mechanics work well, will be one of the biggest hits of the year. It's potentially one of the funniest games you could play.

Gizmo

Gizmo said:

Two new Art Style games, YEAH! (Or should I say one new and one remake?^^)

Either way: WOHOO! :D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

About 8 wiiware and dsiware games there I'm really interested in there. Hope to see them in EU very soon.

MarkyVigoroth

MarkyVigoroth said:

Yay! WarioWare DIY is coming in the same month as Pokémon SoulSilver! Cave Story will also come!

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood said:

Release date announcements for Virtual Console would be great since I don't care about WiiWare at all. But I'm not sure if Nintendo is even trying to support VC nowadays.

vakama94

vakama94 said:

more Art Style? yes please!, also, dotstream remade in light trax? yeaaah!! my favorite bit generations game too

vakama94

vakama94 said:

hehe, just realized that metal torrent is the bullet hell shooter Aa Muyjou Setsuna, glad to see they are bringing it here

fxtek76

fxtek76 said:

A lot of good Wiiware games but I don't want Nintendo to forget about all of the content that could be released on virtual console. And what happened to the Arcade ports. Anyways lots of good news. With this and the new of Mario Galaxy 2 , Sin and Punishment, and Metroid Other M all this summer I better get another job..

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

This looks awesome. Will get Mega Man 10, Cave Story, X-Scape, and possibly Photo Dojo.

sylkirian

sylkirian said:

New ArtStyle! ... It's for WiiWare though, I hope another new ArtStyle come to DSiWare soon...

Ashflow

Ashflow said:

My only regret is that Light Trax is for WiiWare... I think it would have been better as a DSiWare game. I'm kinda disappointed. :( Other than that, it's pretty good news, although slightly on the light side... (no pun intended)

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

@vakama - I had that revelation too! So pumped--I expressed my doubt that it would make it overseas like 2 weeks ago.

Foot is squarely in mouth.

JakobG

JakobG said:

SMB and Cave Story will be mine.
Also, Wario Ware: DIY Showcase sounds interesting too.

Namo

Namo said:

I think Light Trax is a remake of Bit Generations: Dot Stream. At least, I hope it is. Then all 3 of my favorite Bit Generations games will have been remade. (Orbital, Digidrive, Dotstream).

3230ru

3230ru said:

Art Style ! Cool! Though I was waiting for Light Trax to be released on DSiWare.. but dsiware line-up sounds pretty cool too.

Malouff

Malouff said:

Looks like a lot of good games are coming soon.
Also it's about time Max and the Magic Marker gets a release date.
I feel like if I have been chasing that purple monster (release date) forever.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Tsuchinoko, I've been anxiously awaiting Night Game, or NightSky, too. You're not alone!
But it can wait if it means we get two "new" Art Style games. Light Trax looks fantastico. And I disagree with all those who want it on DSiWare -- I think the new 3D element will be worth it, and I'm not sure how that would've worked as well on the DS. (Or maybe I'm still bitter about PictoBits destroying my gaming confidence in the Dark stages.)

SepticLemon

SepticLemon said:

Oh yes! I loved Dotstream on the GBA, and now they're releasing it on the Wii with the 3D tracks and all, it's all so awesome! Though I would've prefered it as a DSiWare game. but hey I can play it on the big screen!