Super Mario Galaxy 2 Hits Europe June 11th

Posted by Anthony Dickens

Europe not too far behind North America, you'll be playing Mario Galaxy 2 before Wimbledon!

Super Mario Galaxy 2, the sequel to the smash-hit galaxy-hopping original, embraces the gravity-defying, physics-based exploration from the first game, but is loaded with entirely new features including new galaxies to challenge and delight players. On some stages, Mario can pair up with his dinosaur friend Yoshi who can use his tongue to hold items in his mouth and spit them back at enemies. Players can also have fun with new items such as a drill that lets our hero tunnel through solid rock.

Only a few weeks after the North American release, Super Mario Galaxy 2 will launch across Europe on 11th June 2010.

Our boys are in London right now waiting for their turn to play the game, look out for a hands-on article in the next day or so.

Wilhjelm

Wilhjelm said:

Yay! Really looking forward to this masterpiece, as I'm sure it will turn out to be!!

Machu

Machu said:

2 and a half weeks behind the US, I can handle that. :)

New trailer was awesome! Watched it ten times already!!! :)

Rensch

Rensch said:

That's not too far away. I'm currently more interested in Metroid: Other M since Galaxy 2 seems rather similar to the first game, but that title was such a monumental achievement that I will undoubtedly buy and love this game.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

I might have to hold off until Christmas, or at least Autumn. Mario Galaxy just seems like such a Christmassy game! :) I can't imagine playing it in June :/

ODOGG618

ODOGG618 said:

Uh oh, Corbie, get one of your trademark "anything Big N gets a 10" scores ready. :P

This one actually looks deserving of it though, and I'm sure it will be.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

At last we get a release date! two weeks behind America is fine, We waited two years for Mario World...

MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla said:

SMG1 is the best game this gen, can’t wait for the sequel. The game designers behind this are freaking geniuses.

thebigM

thebigM said:

Before Wimbledon, but together with Football World Cup.
So if I take days off for that, I have something to cover the day around the footy.