Sin & Punishment 2 Coming June 7th

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Sequel to Nintendo 64 classic is on its way

Nintendo and Treasure have just announced that the sequel to the cult classic Nintendo 64 shooter will be hitting North American store shelves on June 7th. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor will use the Wii Remote to create an unprecedented level of play control and interaction within the game.

You can check out the official press release information below and we'll have some new screenshots and video of the game hopefully later today.

Sin and Punishment is back!

Players engage in nonstop shooter action as they're propelled through this run-and-gun style game. Isa and Kachi are being hunted. They go on the run and on the defensive, shooting everything in sight. Sin & Punishment 2 is the long-awaited sequel to the Japanese Nintnedo 64 cult-classic shooter.

It brings a frantic arcade sensibility to a post-apocalyptic world. Fans who can't wait for the sequel can replay the original game by downloading it from the Virtual Console section of the Wii Shop Channel.

FEATURES:

• Players can run on foot or take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets.
  • Players can fire at targets in the distance or switch to sword attacks for close-range targets.
  • The Wii Remote controller's pointing ability is used to aim weapons, while the Nunchuk controller is used for positioning and maneuvering.
  • Numerous settings include beautifully rendered cityscapes and dramatic underwater tunnels, all populated by fierce enemies.
  • It's all about the multiplier. The better a player's skills, the more points are earned, and the bigger the bonus. Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level. The better the performance, the bigger the multiplier and the higher the final score.

Nintendophile

Nintendophile said:

Wooooo! Man, all of these great games coming out within months of each other. I'm seriously not going to be able to get them all! Crap crap crap. Why are ya doing this to me, Nintendo, WHY?! lol.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

So there's an amazing AAA Nintendo release every other week from the end of May through June? There goes my gaming budget.

Boonehams

Boonehams said:

NO! Not another release date! Errrk... GRRFF.... BLARF! [vomits again from excitement]

Kevin

Kevin said:

Why so close to Mario Galaxy 2? I'm excited for the release but I think they should of made this later in the month and Metroid in July or August.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

@Corbie: Let us reminise on Corbie's wallet... wait a minute, my wallet was in a death pact with Corbie's... awww... :(

Looking forward to it. I'll salvage what I can!

Knux

Knux said:

My wallet is goign to be in serious trouble this spring and summer... :O

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Corbie: I've had 5 wallets do that to me since E3 09, I better go check to see how my other one is...............................Well Time to go to the wallet shop again and hope it lives longer than a week. Well I've never played the original but love Ikaruga which Treasure also made and I love them in general, so I'll pick this up on day one.

Terra

Terra said:

I prefer the original subtitle, Successor To The Sky. Doesn't matter though, I love the original game so I can't wait for this. :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

I am SO happy to hear this controls with the nunchuck. I was watching the videos (on US Nintendo Channel FYI) and watching the character move about the screen and thinking - OMG, their using the D-pad to move.
I loved the first game on the VC but damn those controls were a bitch to learn. If it's point to shoot, and slash to slash, and move about on rails with the nunchuck stick - a JFPS on speed? Way good.

Namo

Namo said:

Ahaha! Look at the 360 cringing in fear at the might of the Wii!