Nintendo to Publish Dragon Quest IX in North America

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Set to hit stores this summer!

Nintendo and Square-Enix have just announced that Nintendo will be publishing the much-anticipated Dragon Quest IX in North America.

The game is set for a summer 2010 release and is looking to be one of the biggest DS releases of the year, especially for eager RPG fans who've been waiting to get their hands on the game.

You can check out the press release snippet below and we'll have more information on the game as it becomes available.

In a unique partnership with Square-Enix, Nintendo of America will publish Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies in the Americas when the game arrives in summer 2010. Dragon Quest IX has sold more than 4.15 million copies in the Japanese market. Nintendo and Square-Enix will now work together to bring this title to the Nintendo DS consumer base in the Americas.

MERG

MERG said:

I never played a Dragon Quest game. Where should I begin?

motang

motang said:

Looking forward to playing this one (I better finish up Chrono Trigger for the DS soon).

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Jap import has gotten rave reviews. The English version is sure to be a hum dinger! Not for me, but this is great news!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Wow, this is awesome news! Now that Nintendo is publishing it I really that hope it will get the attention that it deserves. This should be one of the biggest RPGs of 2010. I can't wait!:)

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

Sweeeeet! Knew the announcement was coming, but nice to have confirmation!

Meanwhile, i just recently started playing DQV on DS (about 12 hours in); have they announced a US date for the DS-remake of DQVI?

Rerun

Rerun said:

Summer of 2010?!?!??! I don't think I'll be making enough this summer to buy all the cool summer releases. Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Sin & Punishment 2, and now Dragon Quest IX! IMHO this is good though after the relatively slow 2009.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

What about the price? It was close to $90 USD in Japan and Im not paying over $34.99 for any portable game... bottom of the line.

Supermegaman

Supermegaman said:

Hope its not as generic as IV was... that has prevented me from buying V or VI or any of the others that exist. But if it is sufficiently different, could be a future buy!

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

I want this even more than FF XIII, and that's saying something. This was the best news I could've possibly hoped for.

/passes out from sheer joy

csad

csad said:

@Supermegaman - I would really try playing through V, even if you thought IV was generic. Dragon Quest V is a much more satisfying game than IV. The party talk feature in V is awesome. It makes the characters much more human, and more interesting overall. It also helps the overall story in V was much better.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Thats great news. Gives me a little time to finish IV and buy V first.

Brennan

Brennan said:

sizzle sorry I had to cool down because this game is going to be HOT!!!!!