More Super Mario Galaxy 2 Footage

Posted by Anthony Dickens

Nintendo release another "B-Roll" trailer from today's Media Summit showing off the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2, the sequel to the smash-hit galaxy-hopping original, embraces the gravity-defying, physics-based exploration from the first game, but is loaded with entirely new features including new galaxies to challenge and delight players. On some stages, Mario can pair up with his dinosaur friend Yoshi who can use his tongue to hold items in his mouth and spit them back at enemies.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 B-Roll Trailer:

Enjoy!

nintendogamerftw

nintendogamerftw said:

Take how much I wanted it before, compare it to how much I want it after watching this trailer. That's five times the want! :O

Ren

Ren said:

the usual iconic awesomeness injection that we all need from Mario every couple years. And so many great ones on Wii already! It's so fun living in the future (as in every year after 2000)

DK_vs_KK

DK_vs_KK said:

I noticed the checkpoint flag, too. Didn't Nintendo say they were going to make the game more difficult? :P

GC-161

GC-161 said:

Don't they have checkpoints in almost every MATURE game out there? And those games are suppose to be targetting core gamers. ;)

SMG2 looking better and better by the minute.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Yoshi's inclusion is simply gonna be the main reason this game will be better than Galaxy 1 for me. Having him ridable as normal would've already done that- but in these clips it looks like much more fun to play with him than I had imagined! I can't wait to play this one.

Crazygamerfreak

Crazygamerfreak said:

A total must get for all Mario Fans. This footage makes the game look far better than the first and even if it wasn't, it would still be amazing. Maybe a 9/10 or even 10/10.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I hear some Super Mario World music and Toy Time Galaxy's theme in the Giant Land. Also see checkpoints from New Super Mario Bros. Wii put in there.
Loving this game every second I see it. Cannot wait.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

I was just wondering how I could give Nintendo another $50...and here this trailer is. I think we have the answer.

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

Awesome! Hopefully I'll have some money left over after Monster Hunter 3.

JamieOStaff

JamieO said:

I'm with @Dragoon, I'm loving the Super Mario World music, starting around about 48 secs in and up until 1min 10 secs, into the video.

JimLad

JimLad said:

@Big A2
Whatcha talkin' about?
That box art is awesome!
Colourful and captures the action perfectly, just like a Mario box art should.

Dazran303

Dazran303 said:

Stunning!! I will be uploading game-play videos of this on my youtube channel once I get my hands on it! And its out real soon too! This is the perfect excuse to take a well earned break from Call Of Duty 4 MWR :D

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I gotta feeling these levels are gonna be far more linear than the first game's levels, and Galaxy 1 was Linear beyond belief. Kinda looks like a 2D Mario game made into a 3-D game.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

the only bad thing is, it maybe looks a bit TOO similar to the first game. I even heard the same music at points in that trailer. But at least the Super Mario World music is in there so it's all good. I'm not trying to be nagative. It'll still be an amazing game

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I hope the Koopalings are in this! That would make it the perfect mixture of retro/new (along with the Super Mario World music in the video). Can't wait for it! =D

Namo

Namo said:

Anyone else notice how Mario has the same facial expression in EVERY screenshot? I really hope he's not all smiley like that in the final game.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

I have to stop looking at this stuff, or else the next 2 months will be VERY long for me. I cannot wait for this game.

RocketBird

RocketBird said:

This and Red Steel 2 are my most anticipated games this year...and Sin and Punishment 2...Maybe even Monster Hunter Tri...

H2O

H2O said:

This game looks amazing! I'm also waiting for Zelda Wii. Sigh. 2010 going to be one of the longest years of my life

rhythmheavenfan

rhythmheavenfan said:

This is probably going to be just as awesome as the previous title! I may be nitpicking, but I just hope that it has enough new features that it can be distinguished as its own game, and not just Super Mario Galaxy with new levels.

The graphics look incredible, as the first title's did, too. It just makes me want a Wii HD even more.