Cave Story fans can now breath a sigh of relief as Nicalis has just announced that Cave Story will be released in North America on March 22nd. It seems the wait is finally over.
You can check out the official press release below for more information and we'll have some new screenshots up soon.
Nicalis, Inc. is excited to announce the upcoming release of the indie superhit, Cave Story for WiiWare. Rated E10+, Cave Story will be available exclusively for Nintendo's WiiWare service on Monday, March 22nd in North America. The highly anticipated action-adventure game is the combined effort of Nicalis, Inc. and Studio Pixel to produce an official Wii version of Cave Story (known as Doukutsu Monogatari in Japan).
Cave Story for Wii features enhanced artwork, the official translation, a remastered soundtrack and many other touches that will surprise new and existing fans alike. With artwork completely drawn by hand, Cave Story for Wii has a fresh new and unique look. Players can opt to play with the classic artwork and music as well mix-and-match new and classic audio-visuals.
Along with the higher-definition graphics and music, Cave Story for Wii includes five new play modes. Previously announced as Add-On/Download Content, Nicalis, Inc. has integrated these modes as part of the full game, so there's need for additional downloads or purchases.
New players are welcomed to try Easy Mode while Cave Story veterans can tackle Hard Mode--if they can handle it. Players can also challenge every boss in Boss Rush Mode or try their skill at Sanctuary Time Attack!
Cave Story Wii Features:
- Standard definition and Wii-exclusive progressive (480p) graphics
- New character designs by creator, Daisuke Amaya
- Completely redrawn background and interface, exclusive to Wii
- Remastered music as well as the original soundtrack
- Mix-and-match new/old artwork and music!
- Five new play modes (including Sanctuary Time Attack and Boss Rush)
- Three-save files, as demanded by fans
- Over 20 epic boss battles through Mimiga Island
- 15 levels to explore in the vast world
- 10 unique weapons to find and upgrade
- Classic Controller compatibility
- Three unique endings
- A few surprises fans
Cave Story on Wii is possible thanks to the tremendous support and loyalty from its fans. "It's like a dream come true and so wonderful to have people play Cave Story on the Wii. I feel very rewarded and am grateful for the support of all the players," said Daisuke Amaya. Less than a month to go!
We'll keep you posted on any new developments with the game and we'll have a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service in March.