Time Split: Chronos Twins DX Gets A Date

Posted by Rebecca Gunn

Time warp platforming hits US WiiWare next week

Our European readers may remember a little DS game called Chronos Twins. It never made it outside of the Old World borders, but back in June developers EnjoyUp announced their intentions to give the series a new lease of life on WiiWare. Now we have a much more solid time frame: January 11. Also known as next Monday.

The game is a split-screen platformer set on the planet of Skylar. It was a planet of peace-loving people until a strange creature appeared and attacked the planet. After his brothers death, hero Nec attains the power of "split", allowing him to be in the present and past simultaneously in a quest to deal with the threat that has invaded the home planet, using puzzle elements between the two timelines and platforms.

With 18 stages, enhanced music and graphics it looks like this title could be one to watch out for! Watch the fancy new trailer below.

RebeccaGunn

RebeccaGunn said:

@Ezekiel Most Wiiware Games are generally pretty short, 18 stages is pretty good all things considered (and could mean more than one area each stage)

Birdman

Birdman said:

I hope we get Chronos Twins for DS on DSiWare, like Europe did for Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ. That'd be nice.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

This sounds really interesting. I'm curious how the two timelines turns out, but I look forward to it.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

"That actually looks pretty cool."
That's EXACTLY what I said literally one second before scrolling down and seeing that post.:D

I do agree with irken, though...seems like this should've been on DSiWare. Not that that will stop me from downloading it on WiiWare, if the price is right. I don't think the trailer mentioned price (if it did, I missed it). Does anybody know how much it's supposed to go for?

Doskias

Doskias said:

Good God. I remember seeing a video for this years ago on IGN... back when it was supposed to be a Gameboy Advance game. Looks as good now as it did then.

vakama94

vakama94 said:

i´ve been following this game since it was announced, looks awesome, i hope its good

SandMan

SandMan said:

I'll be happy if it comes in at 1000 points! This seems expensive (and of World of Goo standards)!

pikmar

pikmar said:

definitely glad i saved 1200 pts. after i bought paper mario 7 stars as this might be a good one to get!

argus

argus said:

I tried out the original for the DS and didn't like it. It seems like a good concept at first, so I had high hopes for it. The gameplay just didn't work for me, though. Based on the reviews at Metacritic (score is 59/100), I'm not the only one who had issues with it. Hopefully the Wii one will be better and fix the problems that the DS one had.