Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Shooters

Posted by Luke Westaway

Upcoming brawler to feature 2D scrolling shoot-'em-up minigame

You heard right - Capcom are including an old-school shoot-'em-up in their anticipated fighter Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. The minigame, set in the landscapes of Lost Planet, will let up to four players loose in what promises to be some crazy blasting action.

Playable characters include Ryu and PTX-40A from the Capcom side of the game, and Ken the Eagle and Tekkaman from Tatsunoko, the popular anime studio who will be providing half the game's fighters.

Capcom have a rich gaming heritage and it's nice to see them drawing on past influences to create something like this. It's sure to please those amongst us who mourn the death of the arcade-era anyway. It's a nice inclusion, but it might risk drawing our attention more than the actual, you know, fighting.

Check out the trailer below:

Stargazer

Stargazer said:

They should release this on Wiiware for those of us who don't really dig fighting games.

derk711

derk711 said:

I played the mini games more then side fighting (kind of) :) can't wait to see the new ones!

IlikeVideoGames

IlikeVideoGames said:

I saw that on IGN yesterday. The game itself and everything looks excellent. I got 50 bucks in change I need to exchange for this.

Adamant

Adamant said:

(actually, never mind, it's apparantly a massively expanded version of the original PTX-40A game, so it's new after all.)

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

What a stunning bonus. It's like a cherry on top of a already quite delicious cake. Can't wait to put my HORI fighting Stick to work again.

vampirelich

vampirelich said:

Wow is this like a mini game or does it have a full 4 or 5 stages, if so I might consider picking this up eventually.

Boonehams

Boonehams said:

I love that the trailer is in crappy quality, like it was taken from a VHS tape that had bad tracking problems. Really gives it that retro feel. Also, I can't wait for this game to come out.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

While I like this idea and it looks pretty cool, why would you include a shmup minigame in a 2D fighter? It just makes no sense.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

capcom did say last year that they wanted to have mini game for every character in this game
this game can't possible get any better

Stargazer

Stargazer said:

@ Egg

It could POSSIBLY be better, if it had some non-Capcom characters I cared about, wasn't a fighting game, came with Megan Fox, and cost $0.

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

The crappy thing is, that's the ONLY minigame now from what I've heard. They apparently got rid of all the other ones and just fleshed out that one.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

As if I didn't already have enough reasons to get this game!O_O

But how will the people in Japan get it? It's already out over there.

MDee14

MDee14 said:

All i hope is that online is good. We haven't seen any videos about online yet

Boonehams

Boonehams said:

@Mickeymac
This version of TvC is going to Japan as well as the the Cross Generation Heroes version that they already have. Supposedly, Japanese fans begged Capcom to release Ultimate All Stars there after they saw what we're getting.

morphballer

morphballer said:

What is Ryu doing in a 2-D scrolling shooter? Why not Viewtiful Joe? He actually has a vehicle!

sectoidcorpse

sectoidcorpse said:

To all of you bitchin about spending $50 on the game just do it, sega already announced it wont be doing any more teen/mature titles. its people like you making this system a "kiddie" system.
BTW $46.99 at amazon with free $10 credit

sectoidcorpse

sectoidcorpse said:

My point is buy it on launch, ps3/360 get street figther 4, i would love to see more fighters come to the wii. marvel vs capcom 3 on this engine?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

The ONM revw states this mini game isn't that good though the game overall got a 91%. Still, looks interesting