Max & the Magic Marker Coming to Europe January 22

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The wait is almost over.

Press Play have just announced that their unique WiiWare platformer Max & the Magic Marker will be hitting the European WiiWare service on January 22 at a cost of 1000 Wii Points. Of course, North American gamers need not worry, as a NA release should be coming up shortly thereafter.

Players wanted to find out a little more about the game can even try out the free online demo of the game that will be available on the official Max & the Magic Marker web site later today.

Until then, you can check out the official gameplay trailer showing the game in action below, along with our full preview of the the game. We'll have a full review of the game shortly after its release.

Roo

Roo said:

Tomena Sanner on the 1st, Shadow Dancer on the 8th, Pheonix Wright on the 15th and now this on the 22nd. All in all, a great month for Wii Shopping Channel!

BlueBandanaJake

BlueBandanaJake said:

Awesome, one of my most anticipated WiiWare games! Happy drawing you guys, we'll be waiting for our go with that marker!

Objection

Objection said:

This looks like a great game. I hope that it's a decent length and hits a decent balance between clever/thoughtprovoking and evil/frustrating puzzles.

Crunc

Crunc said:

The trailer definitely makes it look fun, though I'm wondering how hard it is to draw with the remote. Still, looks promising.

Skrubber

Skrubber said:

Finally a good game for european WiiWare, it has been a while. Will probably pick it up to support my danish neighbours.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

The preview build was a lot of fun. Very unique little game. Should be cool to see the finished product. I'm looking forward to it, myself. :)

mnementh

mnementh said:

if this works, it's an example why wii is a great and unique console. That's what I thought after playing Nyxquest, that it beats anything from any other console... but I hope that it works well with the remote and not that you'd wish you had a mouse instead.

nintendogamerftw

nintendogamerftw said:

I'm going to reserve judgement on this one until it comes out. I may get it when it comes to the U.S. if it lives up to the hype.

Twisted

Twisted said:

It'll have taken over two months but we'll finally have our next (potentially) decent downloadable release on the Wii. Yay!

JakobG

JakobG said:

Looks great, but my most anticipated WiiWare-game is Super Meat Boy.
This is one of the Wii's best years.

Golgo

Golgo said:

Max looks like a petulant little sod, doesn't he? Looks like he's got an ASBO. Needs a good cuffing!

Amorous_Badger

Amorous_Badger said:

Note for anyone going to the demo page - you may need to install a new media player to actually play it.

Seems like a delightful little game though, if the demo's anything to go by.

wiiwareaddict

wiiwareaddict said:

I got tired of holding on to my wiiware points to buy this one.()Oh well, guess I'll have to get more points.Been waiting to get this one for quite some time.