Hubert the Teddy Bear Gives WiiWare a Hug

Posted by James Newton

Cutesy Winter sports ahoy!

The UK may finally have shaken off most of its snow, but there's still time to have some Winter fun, as Teyon announces Hubert the Teddy Bear: Winter Games is heading to WiiWare in the near future. Here comes their press release, rolling down a snowy hill, skating over an icy pond and pirouetting gracefully into view.

Your Winter fun is not over! Enter a frosty wonderland in this special party game for a whole family. Join Hubert the Teddy Bear and his friends to confront crafty bunnies. Challenge them in 8 winter activities including games such as a sledge ride, snow fight, fishing or bunny chase. Create your own teddy bear and customize it to fit your style. Choose the name, gender and combine dozens of clothes and accessories to dress it up. You can play solo or with your family and friends in multi-player modes. Even 16 players can take part in a competition! Thanks to the balanced levels of difficulty everyone can enjoy the game. This collection of casual winter sports will provide all members of your family with a new game-play experience.

For more details check out the official game site.

Check out the screenshots over at the game page and keep checking back for more shots, video and information about the cuddly chap and his chilly championships.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Hmm. I'll keep an eye on this one. Provided they're not just doing it to cash in on the success of Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, it could be good. tbh this isn't my thing either way, so I'll pass on buying it.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Visuals look alright, but I'm getting that same ugly feeling in my stomach that I had when I'd learned about Extreme Sports with the Bearenstein Bears.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Epic artwork.
EDIT: Seems to me this type of game would be much better suited to a retail release (and during the holiday season [e.g. "Your Winter fun is not over!"], at that) for the benefit of the consumers.

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 said:

I think I'll stick with the Snuggles bear or Winnie The Pooh. Hell even Yogi Bear. But not this.

Phobos