First Look: myPostcards

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out Nnooo's newest app in action!

Nic Watt of Nnooo has just released the first video of his upcoming DSiWare application myPostcards in action. You may remember our recent podcast interview with Nic where he hinted at such a creation, in fact.

You can check out the video below for a taste of what you can expect from the program and we'll keep you updated on any new information on the app as it becomes available. We'll also have a full review when it's released on the DSiWare service later this year.

[via youtube.com]

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I'd just like to say please, please, please bring this to WiiWare, if only to stop more Happy Holidays apps from being released!

It does look pretty nice and if I had a DSi, I'd probably get it.

Nintendokid

Nintendokid said:

I know.But the facebook feature is neat I just hope Nintendo Doesn't release My Postcard Red & green you'll just be wasting your DSi Point's.For people who agree with this It kinda a rip off but it's your choice.

Junkface

Junkface said:

They couldnt have included that in notebook? Now Im not buying it so there.

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

myPostcards is only coming in one version :)

Phobos

Phobos said:

I think I'll get this. It proves a little more useful than myNotebook. But I'll only get it if it's for a reasonable price of DSi Points. Maybe 200 at most.

jangonov

jangonov said:

sounds cool. I might get it if the price is right. I did like everything else Nnooo put out so far

Kirk

Kirk said:

Don't really quite get the advantage to using this over my mobile phone, since I actually carry that with me everywhere anyway and I don't even own a DSi, but I'm sure some people will want it.

It does look nice and simple to use and well put together and if it only costs a couple of bucks then I guess there's no harm in it.

I suppose it's just adding a little bit more functionality to the DSi for only a few squid.

I'm assuming the application has the options directly built in that allow you to easily email the postcards and post them on facebook, yes/no, but how do you actually go about printing them?

If you just save it as an image on your SD card and then have to transfer it to PC anyway to do anything with it then it's a rip off. If it does it directly from the application, who knows about the printing however, then it's ok.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Am looking forward to this

@Nic: Is that you in your avatar? If so, nice job scoring a Virtual Boy, we're but a small group of people Down Under to actually own one :)

RyuZebian

RyuZebian said:

The only thing I didn't like about myNotebook was that it was SO annoying to erase the text... I don't know if it was to make it be more realistic, but it took forever to erase something as big as a sentence! Free update maybe?

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Ehh, maybe. I did buy two myNotebooks and Pop+ so I will keep an eye on this. Since I've been getting into more online social experiences lately. I just might download.

TwillightPrince

TwillightPrince said:

to bad there is really no possibility to send postcards to other dsi systems.. so why there is a dsi friendcode in the settings displayed? what can we do with that in future, nintendo?

dap594

dap594 said:

if u can send them to wii message board i will get it, if not i wont.
Noooo please make it send to wii message board and let it be released before april as im in china and want a postcard of great wall

Kirk

Kirk said:

"myNotebook was released in different colours to give choice and to allow users to have more pages should they require."

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

No the mynotebooks couldn't have been made into one copy because of the save file size restrictions. You'd have the colours but probably only 32 pages still and not 96. Blame nintnedo.

Also nnooo will not be able to have the postcards sent because nintendo isn't giving them access to wifi period. Again, blame nintendo.

I'm sure if nnooo could, they'd have different wifi sending options as well as release their mychat voice program that they wanted to do, but nintendo does want wifi to be that open access for whatever stupid dumb reason.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

"And those few color options couldn't have just been made available on a single copy of the software why exactly?"

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Guh, hard typing on a Ipod touch.
I meant to say that Nintendo DOESN'T want wifi to be that easily accessible and communicative.

Really, I'm sure we can all agree. Nintendo's stance on online and communication online is really really really dumb, or conservative however nice you want to word it. :P

Kirk

Kirk said:

"Read the second half of his comment: "to allow users to have more pages should they require." By releasing different colors, buyers are given the opportunity to purchase more than one Notebook. If there was only a single release, you couldn't buy it more than once."

And those people couldn't have still just bought more copies of a single game that contained the multiple color options if they wanted extra pages no?

Isn't that better than deliberately limiting the color choice for the vast majority of people who are only going to buy a single copy of the game no?

Is logic a lost art...

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Oh! lol Kirk I totally forgot, the colors are in each app, red blue and green, they are unlockable. You just have to own all 3 apps. :P
There's also a Pop+ paper type, but you need to own Pop+ to get that unlock.

It's really not a big deal that the page colours aren't easily unlockable in all versions, you're just nit picking.
Course I'm also someone who doesn't care about what colour the system is or new colours that come out.

baruch102

baruch102 said:

@Nnooo- I really would like to have this app but i already got the notebooks so mabey you could ethier make it an free update for all the notebooks or you can make it a free aplication from the free section (we really need more freebees _) if its free then probibly everyone will buy it. And a lot of people bought the notebooks and pop solo so mabey u can afford to put it for free :) ! So reply back

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

I'll definally buy this, it looks like a souped up version of myNotebook, but I can send my creations to my grandma via email, she'd like that. :D

Chony_Lee

Chony_Lee said:

Sooooo.... on the camera function of the Dsi, you can already edit and draw on pictures you've taken, send them to facebook, etc. What Nnooo's done, is add a white space underneath the picture to write on and is going to charge morons for it. Genius!

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

I like this. It looks a lot more customizable than myNotebook, which was sorta limited in features. Add the fact you can actually print them out and mail them and you have a decent app!

KanrakusPizza

KanrakusPizza said:

Is there a feature which allows you to make a postcard, put it on your SD card, put the card in your Wii, and send it to your Wii Message Board friends? If so, I am SOOO buying this.

TheMole

TheMole said:

Looks like a good app, this should fly out of the store at 200 points. Though i think its going to be priced higher than that. The e-mail and facebook functionality is a must.

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

@KanrakusPizza Yes you can transfer it to SD card so like any photo taken with your DSi you will be able to put it onto your Wii :)

@fweddeh We hope to release it for 200 points in March/April.

Millie

Millie said:

what the hell?? why make post cards when you cant even send them?? its pointless! i am not gonna buy this when it comes out >:[

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

You can send them.. Via facebook, email or by printing them out and posting them :)