AiRace: Tunnel coming to DSiWare next week

Posted by Luke Westaway

Plane-racing action hits the US download store Monday

Like planes? Like racing? Like combining two of your favourite things? Then you might just want to check out QubicGames' AiRace: Tunnel when it hits the US DSiWare store next week. The game promises to blend puzzle game sensibilities with aerial action for a mere 200 points.

For those of us who remember, watching the trailer is very reminiscent of the spaceship interior obstacle-dodging sections in Starwing/Star Fox on the SNES.

Also keep an eye out for the games "bigger brother" AiRace, coming soon to DSiWare as well.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Looks pretty repetitive IMO. They repeated obstacles a LOT in the trailer.

ReddLionz

ReddLionz said:

What I find ironic now is that THIS costs the same amount as Paper Airplane Chase.

jangonov

jangonov said:

I have 300 points, so I will download this. I can't imagine why it is so inexpensive though. Perhaps, Since they are releasing AiRace it was not that big of a deal to make a simplified version. They most likly hope to gain the crowd of people who don't want to spend a lot with this one and the crowd with more money with the next. It is a smart business plan, but if this game is in AiRace in it's entirety I will be a little mad.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

@Redd - I made that comparison instantly--the major purchasing decision on Paper Plane Chase's side was the single-unit co-op racing...having that feature, the few times I may decide to take advantage, was worth 2 bucks.

That said, this game looks kinda fun! Given the price tag, I'm gonna wait til someone braver takes the plunge and tells me how much content there is for my 2 bucks. I just wanna make sure it's not some 0-excitement 9-different-random-objects generator and actually has a bit of structure/variability

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

I would hate to get this and the 800 point air race, so ill wait for both em, and get the better one..........

lockd

lockd said:

I don't think its a racing game, I think you just fly through diffrent tunnels avoiding obstacles.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I played similar games to this on my Wii browser. This is an awesome move on the publisher's part though. Get people used to the brand with a $2 app and hope they later flock to the $8 one.

I've been using dsi a lot more lately, so I may just give this a download. I hope to see a decent review.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

This looks a LOT like that aggravating Mission 6 from Thorium Wars... but a much easier one at that.

spuge666

spuge666 said:

I agree with pixelman that it looks repetitive. Maybe too repetitive. I mean it looks cool and stuff and for 200 pts it's cheap, but it may be something you lose intrest in 15 minutes... I'll wait for the review..

And few times I found it hard to see which one was the obstacle and which one was the hole.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Price is right and looks pretty neat. I will have to see a review, but will prob end up getting it anyways lol.

3230ru

3230ru said:

looks cool... if they will bring this to Europe ASAP it could be an end of a two month DSiWare Europe crisis...(since starship patrol)

TheLonelyGamer

TheLonelyGamer said:

That looks cool! The game kinda reminds me of that part right before you fight Andross in Star Fox 64.

"I've been waiting for you Star Fox." ~ Andross