Sin and Punishment 2: New Video and Preview from Official Nintendo Magazine

Posted by Rebecca Gunn

You wait half a year for some information and suddenly a video and preview show up all at once

Sin and Punishment 2 was announced as far back as October last year, despite that screens and information about the sequel to the N64 shooter have been a little thin on the ground.

However for this months Christmas Issue, Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK was able to snag a preview and some video of the game in action. You can check the video out here and the preview here

It seems to be shaping up as well as the original game, but looking even better of course. ONM's Chris Scullion says " if ever there was a candidate for what defined a 'hardcore' game, Sin & Punishment 2 would fit the bill perfectly. As shooters go, it's hard. Very hard." They also reveal the new bomb power ups that Isa and Katchi have at their disposal: Isa can let off a huge explosion that takes care of enemy's packed together and Katchi can lock onto 10 enemies in one go.

Sin and Punishment 2 is due for release in Spring 2010 in Europe next year

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk, officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Looks brilliant. BUT, way too hardcore for me I think! N-Gamer gave the Jap import 87% which is gold award ball park for them.

This actual preview is from an older magazine issue (I think); whereas their next issue in January will have an even deeper preview with hands on play test. This preview may have only just been put on their website. I'm a subscriber and I think I remember reading this particular preview a couple of issues ago (I'm not sure)..doesn't matter anyway eh

RebeccaGunn

RebeccaGunn said:

@Legend Marioid yeah the latest issue has a preview but I thought ONM posted previews/reviews on their site just after the magazine goes out.

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

If you want it to be hardcore, I'm afraid you'll have to add a little blood. Hey, I don't make the rules.

Orgone

Orgone said:

why do they make you have to move around if I get to aim with the wiimote? and then what does player two do, just be along for the ride. very hard most likely as it says

3230ru

3230ru said:

have you noticed that on each product this developer does there is a special sign saying ..... "TREASURE" ?!!!!!