NOA Show They Care with Pink and Blue Remotes for Valentines: Includes Early 2010 Lineup

Posted by Rebecca Gunn

Endless Ocean 2, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Warioware D.I.Y dates and more!

What with all the Christmas rush and such, things have been a little hectic here at Nintendo Life Towers recently. In our eagerness to get the tree and tinsel up we plumb forgot about the New Year and Nintendo of America's early 2010 lineup, but we found it in the end underneath the baubles!

Colour fans among you will be excited to see Nintendo has finally announced pink and blue Wii Remotes, due for release on February 14th, Valentine's Day 2010: the perfect gift to show that gamer in your life you care. Alas there are no matching MotionPlus colours a la the Black Wii Remote, but don't they look adorable?

Moving onwards into early 2010, Nintendo also released a list of titles due during the start of the year up to the end of Spring. Endless Ocean 2: Blue World is due to dive in February 22nd, then it's time to revisit Johto again with Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver on March 14th and WarioWare fans can rejoice on March 28th with the release of WarioWare D.I.Y. America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking! is also released on the 28th for cooking guide fans and those looking for a good scrap will be cheered to hear Tatsunoko VS. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars is due right at the start of the year on January 26th.

Other notable titles include Atlus' Shiren the Wanderer and Sega's Super Monkey Ball: Step and Roll on Wii released February 9th while Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth on DS is due on the 19th of February, with the WiiWare release of Phoenix Wright due in January.

PopeReal

PopeReal said:

Endless Ocean 2 is my most wanted Wii game... so glad it has mic support this time around :)

Rensch

Rensch said:

March 11th is the day my friends. Johto with readable texts shall rise again.

Daemon

Daemon said:

@bro2dragons - It kinda helps when you've got 4 of them and people aren't really paying attention (for instance at a social gathering). Then, being able to distinguish them is useful indeed!

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver release date is actually March 14 and not March 11 for North Ameica.

Taya

Taya said:

I am itching to play Phoenix Wright again. I hope it's released on the early side of January.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

Come on Nintendo! Make solid green wii remote to play zelda wii with! No one wants a baby blue and pink wii remote! What about dark blue, or Red, or Gold? They are just to... cute. Btw, rensch lives in the netherlands, where release dates might be different.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Looking forward to Endless Ocean 2 but the rest of the stuff I don't care, ans I know coloured systems/remotes usually sell well, but I still think it's moronic to even release them.

Nintendo should stick to the old ford model of colours.
"You can have any colour car, as long as it's black" cept white for Nintendo.

Viral

Viral said:

Nintendo needs to release a Gold Wii Remote for the new Zelda game 2010. And maybe a mixed remote a la Mario Galaxy 2...such as Green for Yoshi!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

No one wants a baby blue and pink wii remote!

My sister would love a pink remote.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

SoulSilver and D.I.Y. are the only games that interest me out of Ninty's Q1 lineup.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Nintendo should have made the remotes with swappable faceplates a la the Gameboy Micro. Ah well. I make do with fashion colour wrist straps to differentiate (blue/green for PAL Wii, black/white for JPN Wii, white strap with lock for NA Wii).

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Heart Gold and Tatsunoko for me. I'm gonna play Heart Gold like crazy too. Tatsunoko will hold me off till then I hope. :P

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

A shame they didn't have red, green, gold, and silver, remotes in time for Christmas, Hannukah, and Kwanzaa. Oh well.

thaantman

thaantman said:

My ds has been icy cold this year not saying there hasn't been any good releases but I've been putting alot of focus on building up my wii library this year so haven't been buying any ds games lately, but I'm most definitely going to be getting pokemon gold/silver are my favorite out the series and the only pokemon game where you could actually explore two regions johto & kanto. also tatsunoko v capcom is gonna be sweet

Nintendokid

Nintendokid said:

Dude.If you maybe give Pokemon Heartgold or Pokemon Soulsilver a try from one of your friend's you may like it.Pokemon is a cool RPG especailly for any DS fan who like's RPG's.

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

Two new colors of the Wii Remote are nice but where is the Classic Controller Pro for the U.S.?!?! They don't even have to change the color just bring it out over here.

Am I the only one who is confused as to why the Pro has not been released or even given a release date for the U.S.?

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

March 14 shall now be known as the release date for the new Pokemon games instead of my cousin's birthday...

Also, is there a difference between the Classic Controller Pro and the regular one? I thought the pro just had grips or something (and was black)...

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

sweet! Good thing i haven't owned four since 2008...which is well after different colors should've been available in the first place :(

Well, this is good news for those that still need to round out their wiimote total.

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

@ Metroid_Fan,

The Classic Controller Pro is a much improved update. In addition to having grips and being more comfortable to use, the button layout is much better than the original Classic Controller. It has four shoulder buttons unlike the 2 on the original and the analog sticks are further apart.

Maybe they will release it with Monster Hunter but I still don't know why there is not even any talk about it. I mean they already made it, just ship it over here : (

@ Nintendo

I was thinking the same thing : )

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Blue and pink, now that's more like it. Those colors are much better than black. I'd personally prefer green, but I'll get one of those blue ones once I feel like getting a 3rd Wiimote.

CH405K1N6

CH405K1N6 said:

They should have put out a wider selection of Wii remote colors... blue and pink? C'mon nintendo...

I'm looking forward to most of these games, particularly HGSS :)

Kevin

Kevin said:

The Blue remotes look cool. Looks like the Q1 releases I'll be getting are HG & SS, Mega Man 10 and possibly WarioWare. After buying the poor DSiWare game off impluse I'm gonna be awaiting the review for that game just in case.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Colors are great. Why not redesign with the Motion Plus inside, though? They'll be selling them with one on the bottom like the black ones, so why not give us a tangible reason to buy a new remote rather than just the color?

Donatello

Donatello said:

I got a black one for christmas and while it LOOKS beautiful, it doesn't feel as good as the original white remote. reason being is because the back part has a rough feeling matte finish which i dont like. while the white remote is smooth plastic ;p