Monster Hunter 3 Tri Delayed In North America

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Capcom pushes major titles into next fiscal year

That T-Rex America planned on hunting ran a little bit further away today as Capcom has announced that it'll be pushing Monster Hunter 3 Tri's release date back into the next fiscal year.

Monster Hunter 3 is among four titles Capcom has pushed, the others being PS3- and Xbox 360-bound Lost Planet 2, Super Street Fighter IV and Dead Rising 2. Their next fiscal year begins on April 1, 2010.

A forecast revisions document (spotted by Kotaku) lists the following reasons for the delays:

• Avoid competing with the major titles that other companies plan to introduce in the 4th quarter
  • Preserve the value of Capcom's titles and maximize sales volume
  • Expand the lineup of titles in the next fiscal year and afterward

A lot of games that were supposed to be released this quarter were pushed into early next year, rumored to be because of the impending Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 juggernaut, which in this case has caused yet more release slippage.

The games will likely be spaced out over the course of the 12-month period, so who knows when Monster Hunter 3 will be hitting North America. Not until April at the earliest, that's for sure.

[via kotaku.com]

James

James said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My MH sense has definitely been tingling these past few days so it's heartbreaking to see this one delayed again. No doubt it'll hit Europe even later. Bugger.

said:

well that will gave me time to start saving and by then I'll finished paying my wii ^^

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

This totally sucks. Which means I probably won't be able to play this on my birthday.

However, this could also be a good thing. Capcom is striving for an Triple A title and they want to make this as excellent as possible. We could finally get Wii Speak or they could be using this time to get rid of the unafforable fees.

Objection

Objection said:

Thats fine with me. I wouldnt have time to play it until Summer anyway. I just hope that it's lag and bug free upon its release.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

there is way to many games coming out in first few months of next year so i wouldn't mind a summer release

Toko24

Toko24 said:

B..But thats not fair ive been waiting so long >.<!!

Ugh well whatever i hope that this means no lag like the other guy said cause that would suck to wait just to get crappy online lag :/

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Oh no! The horror! A delay? Now how will I not have the cash to buy nor the time to play a good game that could have been more awesome if more time went into polishing it? HOW!?!?

AVahne

AVahne said:

Wha? I have to wait til April? oh dear, please release it before April 6th, i want to be able to get it for my B-Day

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

This... might actually be good for me. I can now have time to get Capcom vs. Tatsunoku, Red Steel 2, Mega Man 10, Shantae, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. April fits in just perfectly for me. :)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I could care less that they delayed Monsters, but all those other games getting delayed is a crying shame.:(

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Suck up to the competition, Capcom. That's all I have to say.
(Plus, it's not like Monster Hunter is competing with any other Wii games, is it?)

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

heh, i just bought MH freedom united as per popular opinion (damn classmates)
so i can wait for this one.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

this is disappointing, but i can deal. it just means the game's going to be that much more awesome. i'm so pumped for this!

motang

motang said:

Damn, I was hoping to get this one early, oh well. Looks like a little wait won't be too bad as I have lots of other games to play. :D

pixelman

pixelman said:

Aww that sucks. Well, the longer it takes to come out the more amazing it'll be. As long as it's not rated M and online play is free, I'll be picking it up!

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

this is good for me i need to get those other awsome titles since im a triple console and dual portable owners lol

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Capcom pushing back 2 games I really want (SSF4 and MH3) ah well, maybe it's better for the quality.

KarlThomson

KarlThomson said:

This is really clever by Capcom. After most of the BIG Q4 releases were moved to Q1, anything released in Q1 has the risk of being buried under the release glut. By pushing those titles forward to Q2, they have a better chance of selling much better.

melvin2898

melvin2898 said:

I wish I could see why everyone likes this title so much.It looks ok but I need more gameplay of it.

Tails

Tails said:

Capcom is and always will be one of the Best Game Companys ever. (Them and Konami of course back in the day at least. Same Nintendo Sega and Square Enix.) This will be a good thing not only to let me save up for it But it might be even more stuff included as said above. :)

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

this has nothing to do with making games better but its all about money, april is the start of the next finical year so capcom pushing back some of there top games is to make money for the next finical year

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

The delay could mean the addition of Wii Speak support. Which would be vital to this kind of game, imo. On the bright side at least we are still getting TvsC in January.