Get Your Name in Furry Legends

Posted by Luke Westaway

Developer Gamelion extends Twitter competition

Gamelion have extended their online competition - which offers one lucky gamer the chance to have their actual, real-life name inserted into their upcoming WiiWare title Furry Legends - into the New Year. To enter, just follow the development team on Twitter and come January 31st they'll randomly select one of their fans to have their name displayed "in a visible place" in-game.

Twitter competitions are nothing new, but it's great to see game developers embracing social media in a way that really engages players, and keeps them up to speed on new developments in game production.

The premise of Furry Legends is simple enough: roll your furry little character around a bunch of 2D levels, attack enemies and try your hardest to survive.

Gamelion have delayed the release of Furry Legends until the first quarter of 2010, to iron out bugs and generally add polish. Here's hoping they use that time to create something nice and addictive.

So yeah, follow Furry Legends on Twitter (@Furry_Legends) and be sure to check out Gamelion's development blog too.

VGM

VGM said:

Yeah, it was only supposed to be a month, not 5 months, lol.
Nice to see their still going on with it, hope I win.:)

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

This game looks so good, is gonna be a must buy, I know it.

Er... register on twitter to get my name on a game thousands of persons will play... for some reason both of those things sounds horrible to me :P

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I don't want my name anywhere near something called Furry Legends, thank you.

jangonov

jangonov said:

If I win and ask them nice enough, I want them to use my online name (jangonov) instead of my real one. If they do use my real one I want jangonov to be my middle name

JakobG

JakobG said:

Appearances in videogames aren't rarely.
Ever watched the "Special Thanks"-segment of the ending credits?
It clearly says "you" occasionally.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'm still waiting for them to live up to their name and actually start including some furries. >=(

JimLad

JimLad said:

It's weird how the word 'furry' is automatically associated with anthropomorphic hentai whenever it's mentioned on the internet.
...but if it's on your mind that much, I won't judge you. :P