Fast Draw Showdown Un-Holstered This Monday

Posted by

Will you Cowboy Up or go sit in the Truck?

WiiWare has brought us some oddities during 2009, from vegetable hairdressing to zoo-keeping and even a little game of catch in-between. This trend looks set to continue in 2010, with the release of quirky light-gun game Fast Draw Showdown this Monday.

Offering a unique twist on the light-gun game - there’s no rolling screens or moving targets here - it’s just you, a gun and one man to shoot. As the name suggests, the emphasis is on the speed of your reactions, with players responsible for cleaning the streets of gringos in a series of... well, fast draw showdowns.

Coming from the makers of Mad Dog Mcree, the game is a live-action FMV shooter with actors who would struggle to get a part in an Uwe Boll film. Also featuring is genuine fast-drawer Wes Flowers, who acts as the final showdown to add an air of authenticity to the comedy.

You can expect Nintendo Life to be quick on the draw with a review as soon as the dust settles.

From the web

accc said:

Is this actually a new game and not a port? I didn't think I'd ever see FMV games making a comeback, lol.

IlikeVideoGames said:

I think it said somewhere in a video I seen it was a laser disc game back from 1994 or something. Towards end of the trailer originally 1994. Digital Leisure 2009

Porky said:

Couldn't understand most of what he was saying even with the volume turned up.

Sneaker13 said:

I would love this kind of FMV onrail shooter on WiiWare, but this doesn't sound like onrail, but more like who can push the button the fastest.

Mad Dog McCree is regarded as the worst games of last year by many reviewers such as N-Gamer. Having bought it myself, I can say it was the worst game I had ever bought. No pap.

I sincerely hope this ware game is a big improvement.

blackknight77 said:

Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I may check it out at some point because I could see myself enjoying a title like this.

Vendetta said:

Went to Dave & Busters last weekend to watch the Redskins get whooped by the Cowboys. The game was a blowout, so I went to browse the arcade floor for a while, and there it was, staring me in the face for the long walk towards the back wall: Fastdraw Showdown. I'll accept that as an omen, and download this one without hesitation.

Vendetta said:

Happy to oblige, Stargazer.

And since you claim to appreciate logic, here's a free lesson in it, just for you: What you've done there is wrongly apply cause and effect, assuming that because (a.) I am a Wii owner and (b.) I am impulsive, that b is a result of a, or vice versa, both of which are incorrect. There is no cause/effect relationship between my owning a Wii and being playfully impulsive. I was that way loooong before I got one.

grenworthshero said:

I loved Mad Dog McCree as a kid. I still have that game in my desk right now. I may just go play it. Ah, MS Dos.

shyeeeahh....I may give it a try if is less than 800 pts

Mad dog macree was cheesy but fun but this looks a bit weird