Fast Draw Showdown Un-Holstered This Monday

Posted by

Will you Cowboy Up or go sit in the Truck?

WiiWare has brought us some oddities during 2009, from vegetable hairdressing to zoo-keeping and even a little game of catch in-between. This trend looks set to continue in 2010, with the release of quirky light-gun game Fast Draw Showdown this Monday.

Offering a unique twist on the light-gun game - there’s no rolling screens or moving targets here - it’s just you, a gun and one man to shoot. As the name suggests, the emphasis is on the speed of your reactions, with players responsible for cleaning the streets of gringos in a series of... well, fast draw showdowns.

Coming from the makers of Mad Dog Mcree, the game is a live-action FMV shooter with actors who would struggle to get a part in an Uwe Boll film. Also featuring is genuine fast-drawer Wes Flowers, who acts as the final showdown to add an air of authenticity to the comedy.

You can expect Nintendo Life to be quick on the draw with a review as soon as the dust settles.

accc

accc said:

Is this actually a new game and not a port? I didn't think I'd ever see FMV games making a comeback, lol.

IlikeVideoGames

IlikeVideoGames said:

I think it said somewhere in a video I seen it was a laser disc game back from 1994 or something. Towards end of the trailer originally 1994. Digital Leisure 2009

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I would love this kind of FMV onrail shooter on WiiWare, but this doesn't sound like onrail, but more like who can push the button the fastest.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Mad Dog McCree is regarded as the worst games of last year by many reviewers such as N-Gamer. Having bought it myself, I can say it was the worst game I had ever bought. No pap.

I sincerely hope this ware game is a big improvement.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I may check it out at some point because I could see myself enjoying a title like this.

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

Went to Dave & Busters last weekend to watch the Redskins get whooped by the Cowboys. The game was a blowout, so I went to browse the arcade floor for a while, and there it was, staring me in the face for the long walk towards the back wall: Fastdraw Showdown. I'll accept that as an omen, and download this one without hesitation.

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

Happy to oblige, Stargazer.

And since you claim to appreciate logic, here's a free lesson in it, just for you: What you've done there is wrongly apply cause and effect, assuming that because (a.) I am a Wii owner and (b.) I am impulsive, that b is a result of a, or vice versa, both of which are incorrect. There is no cause/effect relationship between my owning a Wii and being playfully impulsive. I was that way loooong before I got one. ;)

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

I loved Mad Dog McCree as a kid. I still have that game in my desk right now. I may just go play it. Ah, MS Dos.

said:

shyeeeahh....I may give it a try if is less than 800 pts

Mad dog macree was cheesy but fun but this looks a bit weird