Early 2010 WiiWare and DSiWare Lineup

Posted by Corbie Dillard

First quarter looking strong for download services.

Nintendo recently released their list of early 2010 North American releases for their Wii and DS systems and we covered most of the upcoming retail releases, but now it's time to show some love to the downloadable titles that are on the horizon.

As great as the retail side of things is looking, Nintendo's download services are looking fairly impressive as well. You can take a look at the listing of upcoming WiiWare and DSiWare releases below for a taste of what's coming in the first quarter of 2010 and you can be sure we'll have reviews of each and every one of them when they become available.

WiiWare

Subatomic Studios
Fieldrunners - Q1

WayForward
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Q1

Croz

Croz said:

No Cave Story on the list? Does it mean it is coming in Q2 or very soon?

@DSi Yeah The UK wiiware list would be a fair bit longer than that.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

As always, there will be many releases not listed and many listed not released.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I've REALLY got to get on the ball. My backlist of games is going to crush me... XP

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I doubt Nintendo is ever going to release anything in Europe. But a lot of nice titles on there.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

What a load....Nintendo never hold to there release schedules. Then again, they're more likely to fulfill this schedule in America then they are in Europe

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I can't wait to see how Zombie Panic turns out. Next to MM 10 it's one of my most anticpated WW titles.

motang

motang said:

Looking forward to 2010 in gaming, there are many titles that I want to play!

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

No sign yet of the dsi Namco games like Mr. Driller & Puzzle Katamari.
I really want a Mr. Driller game stored on a handheld. I was waiting for the dsi version - but now I think I am going to get the Japanese PS1 version for my PSP.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

Wow, Real Soccer gets a sequel....
They better make it FIFA-worthy if they want buyers.

(And I'm guessing Gangstar 2 is gonna be our version of GTA in a sense...)

Aside from that....
Woo! Shantae! Bring it on!

Sebastian_Gamelion

Sebastian_Gamelion said:

Extreme Hangman DSiWare is also coming during early Q1. The game has passed the Nintendo of America testing and we are now waiting until Nintendo decides to put the game on the DSi store.

Happy new Year from the Gamelion team!

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Wow, Q1 = Max and the magic marker, toribash, and yet it moves, super meat boy, Warioware DIY.

Looks to be an awesome start to the year

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Sweet, Shantae. As for CS, maybe they want to make it a suprise, or they haven't told Nintendo yet.

melvin2898

melvin2898 said:

Shantae and Max and the Magic Marker.Don't forget Super Meat Boy!That's all I want.I like Megaman but those games are super hard.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Where are all the Hudson games released on XBLA? Wasn't Diner Dash supposed to be out right now? I'm surprised no one ever brought that up.

Nintendo themselves seems to have a solid list though, and while my gut tells me shovelware, I'm interested in Surviving High School.

@gamelion
How many points do you expect Hangman to costs 'cause I've been looking forward to that?

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i am starting to think that cave story was a sick joke that an ex ign editor pulled on nintendo players but its a god list

said:

huh?! where cave story?!

sighs

Oh well, Phoenix wright and Megaman 10 are in my top list. Zombieland looks fun but I dunno.

It seems that this year's wiiware will be much better ^^

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

If Shantae has controller configuration options, I'll dash out to get a DSi. Otherwise I'll continue to wait for more games for it.

Moochr

Moochr said:

Oh yeah Starship Defence/Patrol for Dsi Ware! Looking forward to this, have to get some points though.

wanderlustwarrior

wanderlustwarrior said:

yeah, cause NOA met all their quarterly predictions for the last couple of quarters. Anyone else currently enjoying Cave Story?

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

sigh - Wayforward is the ONLY reason any sane gamer should even consider buying a DSi. Taking out GBA compatibility and adding a stupid digital camera and a subpar online games store (especially on the handheld games space, where the iPhone and PSP ABSOLUTELY KILL it in comparison) are retarded moves from Nintendo, but g-damn I wanna play their new Shantae games:) Mighty Flip Champs always looked intriguing too.

Why wouldn't they put those on more downloadable networks? I don't get those guys - if stuff like Gunstar Heroes can show up on PSN and Mega Man 9/10 can hit all three, than something like Shantae should hit all the consoles' downloadable spaces. Oh well, I'm getting a DSi XL when they come out for my mom, so I guess I'll play 'em on that.

bootnoo

bootnoo said:

I wish they would make more classic games for the Ds line. Like they make Super Mario 64 DS. I wish they would like make diddy cong racing, legend of zelda ocarina of time, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Twooie. Games like that. Those were good games.

Mikarlo

Mikarlo said:

Hmmm...What is this game? First I've heard of it, but anything that starts with "Legends of" sorta piques my interest.
Gameloft
Legends of Exidia - Q1

Mikarlo

Mikarlo said:

OK, I just found out it is a golf game...so my interest isn't so piqued anymore...

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

@Vinsanity

I agree. If I had a DS Lite already, there's no way I would have gotten a DSi. The only dl games worth it so far to me, seem to be Wayforward's, and Nintendo's (MvDK and Art Style). Everything else for the most part is "little bit of..." and itouch ports (that are cheaper on the app store). The main reason for getting it for me was DS games, and I have a GBA, so there you go.

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

Yay! The 18th may be my last update in a while if I do horribly on my report card (which I think I am) the week after. But at least Starship Defense and possibly Dark Void Zero (if the rumor is true, probely not, but you never know...) comes out on DSiware! At least my final(?) update will be full of sweet, sweet, epicly delicous awesomesauce..........you know, untill my dad kills me cuz of the bad report. :D