Pearl Harbor Trilogy Shots Come In To Land

Posted by James Newton

WiiWare dogfighting game squares up

Thanks to our chums over at Legendo we've got a few new screenshots of their upcoming aerial ace Pearl Harbor: Episode 1 - Red Sun Rising, the first part of their Pearl Harbor Trilogy expected to hit WiiWare within the next few months.

The title seems to be coming nicely, with some pleasing detail on the planes and some excellent concept art backing it all up. Hopefully it won't be too long until we can see the game running and start to decide whether this WiiWare series is a crack shot or simply a wayward maverick.

For more information head over to the game's official website where you can see more of the lovely concept art and some screenshots too.

[via pearlharbor-game.com]

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Even though I'm not into flying games, I might have to check this one out.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

Looking good, Legendo. I know you guys have been known to pop onto the site from time to time, so if you're reading these comments, you mind if i make a suggestion?

drop the "Episode 1" in the title. if each title is self-contained, that's excellent, but having the words "Episode 1' in the title immediately makes the average WiiWare shopper assume that if they want the whole experience they have to by all three games, and will make them less likely to download it. by giving them titles like "Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising" and "Pearl Harbor: Whatever You Wish to Call Your Next Game", you let prospective customers see that each title is its own game, and can be bought individually, or they can get all three at their discretion without feeling like they've missed something if they only opt for one. in all honesty, it's part of the reason i've yet to get any of the monkey island games, because i don't want to spend $50 so i can get the whole story, and if i only have one, that "Episode 1" looks weird all by its lonesome in my collection. kinda silly, i 'spose, but it's the truth, and i'm not the only one.

Omega

Omega said:

I liked The Three Musketeers but this one looks too military for me. And too episodic. Sorry.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

bro2dragons is right. Sometimes the third may be the best in the series, which also makes me hesitant to buy, because I feel like I need to buy the first two before I play it, and I don't have the money to buy three games. Especially if I'm taking a gamble on games I've never played before.

Strofan7

Strofan7 said:

yeah bro2dragons made an excellent point

think i may have to pass on this game though, seeing as i already have blazing angels..

Machu

Machu said:

And you're trying to tell me this is wiiware? Bloomin 'eck, very nice.

Love that hud! Me want!

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

I only just heard about this game yesterday or the day before, but i'm totally looking forward to it. Still wondering on available control schemes, though; I hope there's a variety control types from motion-based to standard.

blank_user_1

blank_user_1 said:

I saw this on IGN awhile back. The idea is a good one and the HUD looks nice. I'm looking forward to it.

Viper6391

Viper6391 said:

Looks pretty good, although I think I will wait for the review first and some gameplay footage before trying this one out.

Streakk

Streakk said:

This could either be a really nice addition to the WiiWare library, or horrible, clumsy game. Hopefully it will rock, but I'll have to wait for a review on this one before I get it or not.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Loving flying games.... hate episodic games... so torn...

If this is GREAT, I mean 8/10 or better, I might buy it. But if its $10 a pop for 3 episodes which is probably 2-3 hours a piece, you can forget it.

I feel like we get ripped off on WW way too much because of episodic crap.

eripmav

eripmav said:

Cheers chaps, always a pleasure to hear what you all think!

Regarding the episodic titling, I've passed that on. I think it's a very valid point and I wholeheartedly agree. Hopefully the name will be amended forthwith!

odd69

odd69 said:

I'm gonna pass but it looks wonderful. If i was into games like this i'd give it a go for sure.

eripmav

eripmav said:

In reality, the game's an arcade shooter. Its storyline's based on historical fact but I suppose that's as nerdy as it gets:)

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I'll toss in my support behind Bro2dragons' well-made point. Otherwise I am excited to see how this pans out. It reminds me (visually) of a computer game I used to play years ago that I absolutely adored. If this is half as much fun, I'll have much trouble putting it down.

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

While I agree with Bro also, I wonder if the Strong Bad series was affected by the phenomenon. I like titles that are self contained, myself, but let's be honest, calling Episode I "The Phantom Menace" didn't make it suck any less.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one, for sure. Do a good job, Legendo!

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

Hey, I loved The Phantom Menace. Oh, and you guys need to change the name in the article. It's "Pearl Harbor" not "Pearl Harbour"
While you Brits may spell the word "harbor" differently, Pearl Harbor is a proper noun.

eripmav

eripmav said:

Edit, oops! You were pointing to NL. Blame the wine gums, I've had one too many.

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Looks great. I hope it controls similar to the flying game in Wii Sports Resort. I'll probably get this if given half decent reviews.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Lost Winds is kind of an episodic game too. Would anyone not have downloaded the original game if it had a "Episode One" subtitle? I doubt it.

I wonder if Legendo will be bringing their Dracula Twins game to the WiiWare too. I checked it out on GameFAQs which has no reviews but the pictures it does have would look good if it were a WW game.

eripmav

eripmav said:

Dracula Twins would need a major overhaul tbh Bass. It's a nice title for its time but it's far too simplistic; almost like Three Musketeers really and sadly, that's been far from setting the world ablaze. I think it'd make a good port to something like the iPhone though:) Still, I'm only the community/PR dude.

Legend Marioid, we've not announced anything regarding controls...yet!:)

Thomas_Joseph

Thomas_Joseph said:

I'll definitely be giving this title some love. I like me my WWII action games! Love the website promoting the game too! If the game has half the quality the lead up has shown, this will be an awesome WiiWare title!