Nintendo Blasting Off With New DSiWare Puzzler

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Boldly go where no rocket has gone before...in three minutes.

Japan's DSiWare fight against space wages on next week as Nintendo has revealed a new downloadable puzzle-fest.

Developed by Intelligent Systems, Panel Connection: 3 Minute Rocket has you move tiles around in order to complete the rocket's fuel line for blast-off. The three-minute limit comes into play in the game's Mission mode where you're challenged to complete multiple puzzles and reach a destination planet before time runs out. Puzzle, the game's other mode, is home to 100 brain-benders of this nature.

There are a few more screens and videos over at the game's official site if you want a taste for how it all works.

Japanese DSi owners can plunk down 500 Points to start their own space programs on November 11, and the rest of the world will just have to wait patiently in the meantime.

[via andriasang.com]

pixelman

pixelman said:

Hah that sounds cool. And made by the developers of Paper Mario! Awesome!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

A NEW puzzle game for DSiWare.............NO..... are you for real, they are really going to bring us a new puzzle game!!!! ;)

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

This reminds me a lot of the hacking minigame in Bioshock. Odds are good I'd pick this up, but I'm mostly holding out for Digidrive.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Ooh, I'm a big fan of Intelligent Systems. They're responsible for one of my all-time favorite puzzle games, Planet Puzzle League.

Fly_Guy

Fly_Guy said:

As I saw the picture, my reaction was "Noooo, I want Pikmin 3 on Wii, not DS!!!" Now that I think I about it, it wouldn't be all bad, but that's not the Hocotate anyways...

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Am I just getting worse at remembering things, or did Intelligent Systems have a part in the development of Metroid Fusion - The best Metroid game ever made?

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

@9 : yeah, looked like a new Pikmin to me, too :)
I'm glad it isn't coz I don't own a DSi.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

When I saw the pic I thought it was a cross between Pikmin & Meteos!

BTW I wish every puzzle game ever was on the dsi. It is the perfect puzzle platform.

Katernity

Katernity said:

the rocket reminds me a lot of the rocket thing in super mario bros. 2 that you pull out of the ground like a turnip.