New Super Mario Bros. Wii Strategy Video

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out some useful tips from the pros.

The kind folks over at Nintendo were kind enough to send over a brand new gameplay video for their upcoming Wii console release New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

In this video you can check out some of the helpful strategies the guys over at Treehouse have put together to help you get the most out of the game. You can check out the full New Super Mario Bros. Wii Strategy Video below.

We'll have more information about New Super Mario Bros. Wii as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game up soon.

[via youtube.com]

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Watching that video, I think "strategies" should be in quotation marks...

EDIT: Beaten. Drat.

Strofan7

Strofan7 said:

Aw man, if anyone had any doubts this has to put them away. I had fun watching whoever was playing have fun.

This is going to be awesome.

Mabbit

Mabbit said:

i only have about 50 dollars left, im debating whether to spend it on this or not

Machu

Machu said:

Everything is SPOILER now, don't wanna know!

/me averts his eyes.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I wanna watch it, but I don't wanna ruin the game for myself (happened to me with SSBB, and I'm not letting it happen again unless I don't care about the game, which I do care).

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I just write what Nintendo tells me to write. They say it's strategies, it's strategies to me. They say it's dog sh*t, it's dog sh*t. They say fire Phil, we fire Phil. End of story. Of course if they say fire me, we'll have to sit down and talk about that one. :)

JayArr

JayArr said:

I'm a pro. Yet, I wasn't consulted on this......strange.

Looks good. Can't wait!

motang

motang said:

All I can say is Australia peeps are extremely lucky as they already have the game! 3 more days!

Adam

Adam said:

I particularly liked the strategy for a single-player getting the red coins.

Step One: Jump on top of ? block.
Step Two: Jump.
Step Three: Jump some more, even though you clearly cannot reach.
Step Four: Jump off and hit the block.
Step Six: Try to jump back on.
Step Seven: Admit you suck at Mario and do not deserve to work for Nintendo, much less make "strategy" videos for them. Get the propellorshroom and jump to the platform.
Step Eight: Get the Red Coins... strategically.

Seriously, did someone Nintendo hear the word "strategy" and think, "Hey, maybe we could use that!"

Objection

Objection said:

I'm avoding the video as well. Gotta keep everything fresh and new for when I finally pop this in!!

Feld0

Feld0 said:

@skywake

**fumes in rage, contemplating the possibilities of importing from Australia*
**realizes shipping will take util Monday at the soonest*
**guns for the 242nd star in Super Mario Galaxy while waiting for a new Mario game*
YEAARRRGGHHHH! Must...wait...till...SATURDAY!!
**realizes he still hasn't finished Metroid Prime Trilogy*

bonii

bonii said:

I didn't learn any strategies. But it was still interesting to watch.

skywake

skywake said:

small comment on my impressions:
I didn't expect to see as much Super Mario World in this as I have. Its little things but everytime they come up its a huge dose of nostalgia. Brilliant!

There are lots of 1UPs but you need them. Lives drain quickly. I am upto world 5 and I started with 25 lives and now that I am at the end castle I am upto 14. Its not stupidly hard, I don't think I have died more than three or four times on a level but its not easy. In the DS version I didn't die once until about world 7 or 8 so its significantly harder than that! but I don't think as hard as SMB3 or Lost Levels

Well worth the wait guys
:P

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Those strategies sure are super.
EDIT: "Some useful tips!"? What was that, Corbie?

Blackout

Blackout said:

That video is pathetic. This video might pass for an instructional video on basic gameplay for new players, but not for a strategy video. Strategy videos are supposed to enlighten players who know the basic gameplay on new ideas that are not obvious to the normal player. This just includes clips that even a six year old could figure out in the first five minutes of playing.

Adam

Adam said:

Pathetic is quite a strong word. It sounds as if you feel personally slighted by Nintendo.

Pastry

Pastry said:

I want to watch it but I can't, it would ruin the experience of when I open up the case and the disc is broken. STUPID KMART!!

y2josh

y2josh said:

The game looks awesome, CANT WAIT. The title of the video made me laugh.

@pie4prez: I didn't know people still shopped at K-MART

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

Is it my imagination, or this video is trying to tell me is funnier to play multiplayer than sigleplayer?

@warioswoods
Awesome video! A lot more usefull and fun!

PhillepinO

PhillepinO said:

I believe there are more "strategy" videos in game that you can purchase in-game with coins or something like that

Trin

Trin said:

So the strategy for shell stomping is to stomp on enemies who have shells.

That's deep.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

This game has a lot of nostalia in it, but it has a lot of news things in it as well!

vonboysp

vonboysp said:

SPOILERS

the only interesting thing i see is it look like if all 4 players ground stomp at the same time, it;s like using a pow block.

END SPOILERS