Christmas Clix Coming to WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

JV Games announce their newest WiiWare title.

JV Games has just announced that they'll be bringing a unique Christmas-themed puzzler to the WiiWare service on December 7th called Christmas Clix. That means everyone out there in Nintendo Land will have something to play with their families during the Christmas holidays.

You can check out the full press release below, along with a host of brand new screenshots of the game in action.

JV Games Inc. is pleased to announce that Christmas Clix, rated “E” for everyone, will be available on WiiWareTM Dec 7th.

Christmas doesn't have to be all work for Santa does it? Santa's having some fun and wants you to play along too! While Santa magically stacks the Christmas presents, it's your job to remove the presents and decorate the Christmas tree.

Christmas Clix is a casual family friendly game for the Nintendo WiiTM system.

The goal of Christmas Clix is to quickly remove the colored presents and ornaments that Santa stacks by clicking on the same colored presents. As you remove the presents, candy canes and gold coins will fall. Collect enough candy canes and Santa will send you a power-up to help you clear the level. Collect enough gold coins and Santa will send you a toy soldier that unlocks a mini-game.

Christmas Clix features 100 levels of fast-paced and progressive Christmas fun with 10 un-lockable mini games.

We'll have more information on Christmas Clix as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the game when it hits the WiiWare service on December 7th. We'll also try to have an interview up with JV Games about the title as soon as possible.

[via youtube.com]

Porky

Porky said:

Why you all think this will be bad? Just cause it features a season and santa doesn't make it bad.

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

Upside? It looks like it would be a hard concept to screw up... Downside? IT'S A GOOD DAMNED FRAKKING PUZZLE GAME!

And also, Beer Pong and Incoming...

Draygone

Draygone said:

While I question the logic behind making a video game that people are only going to want to play twice a year (December and July), the fact that it also includes some mini-games helps make it stand out a bit from other puzzlers (ignoring asthetics). Let's just hope that the "only twice a year" part doesn't make them be lazy about the gameplay.

Viper6391

Viper6391 said:

@Chicken Brutus
That's Right! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I hope they're paying you well for this.
@Ezekiel
Normally I would agree with you about how you can't screw up a puzzle game, but giving JV's track record with Incoming and Beer Pong(read Chicken Brutus's review of Incoming) I have little faith that this will be good. Also, making a game about Christmas is not a good idea since you only want to play it in December or July as Draygone pointed out. Although, I've seen a worse game for a holiday **cough** Happy Holidays Halloween ** cough**.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Sigh, JV Games just doesn't know when to quit. I'm sure this will be as much fun as finding a reindeer turd in you stocking on Christmas morning.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i was a little hopeful for a good puzzle game after seeeing images then i read that jv games is behind it and a part inside me died

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

WolfRamHeart, how dare you compare this game to a reindeer turd! A reindeer turd would be a great novelty to find in your stocking. :P

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Nah, I'll wait for Easter Clix (come to think of seasonal things I'm awaiting a Christmas themed version of that card sending Wiiware app...)

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

So it's a paid-for reversion of that free Flash/Java internet click-a-thon puzzler that nobody actually likes (thanks mainly because completing a level is based purely on luck of how the blocks generate), and is only even vaguely worth playing for maybe 2 months a year with the Christmas theme?

MUST-BUY

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

When the weather outside is frightful...Christmas Clix will be delightfull.

I hope. I love Christmas and christmas games. I do wonder if there will be a offline multiplayer mode in it. Would be stupid if they haven't included it.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Snowshovelware.

Of course, we don't know that yet. I'm just so proud of myself for that joke that I feel compelled to make it now.

Adam

Adam said:

Just so the other reviewers don't get excited, it should be known that Chicken has declared "dibs."

Knux

Knux said:

JV Games!? I'm sure this will be @$^^&. Santa must have thought you were bad Chicken Brutus, reviewing this is worse than recieving coal! :O
Enjoy! :P

SpaghettiToastBook

SpaghettiToastBook said:

This is JV's last chance... but I doubt this will be any good, and the Christmas theme is not good in the long-term.

At least if you get coal, you have a resource of valuable energy!

Moco_Loco

Moco_Loco said:

They combined a lot of popular casual game genres in that trailer. I mean, a Christmas Breakout clone? You would think stuff would stick to the candy cane at the bottom, or break it.

We can hope JV games has learned and made something that, at the very least, doesn't completely suck. Combined with a Christmas theme and the option to turn off the annoying sound effect when you click on the presents, a game that doesn't completely suck could be good for my family.

To quote one of my least favorite Christmas songs ever (why, Paul, why?), "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime..."

And now that song is stuck in your head. Bwahahahahaha!

WiiCool

WiiCool said:

Looks really nice, loved the trailer, so I searched on JV Games and wasn't too excited about their other 2 games. That doesn't give me alot of confidence in this game. Too early to get all Christmasy now, but if the price is right I'll probably be playing this during the Holidays.