Art of Balance Announced for WiiWare

Posted by James Newton

Cubic cranium conundrums on the way

Puzzle games and physics go together like plumbers and mushrooms, so Shin'en Multimedia's announcement that Art of Balance is heading towards WiiWare is welcome news. Here it is in their own words:

Shin’en Multimedia announces the development of Art of Balance for WiiWare.

Grab your Wii Remote™ and build a balanced stack in this physics-based puzzler! Puzzle games must be addictive. This was our top priority during the development of the game. That's why we designed 100 levels that not only challenge your skills but also your imagination. The game is easy to pick up and hard to put away.

Play alone or invite a friend to grab a second Wii Remote and drop in at any time for co-op play. We even added a dedicated two players split-screen "versus" mode for extra fun.

Art of Balance will be available exclusively via Nintendo's WiiWare service.

Whilst there's no proposed release date we're already looking forward to getting our hands on this blocky brain-buster - a puzzle game from the makers of DS shooter Nanostray could be quite something.

accc

accc said:

So no balance board support? That's... odd, but the game looks pretty good regardless!

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

A puzzle game from the makers of Nanostray? Hmm, sounds interesting but I would much rather have a WiiWare version of Nanostray instead.

Percentful

Percentful said:

I was expecting some sort of balance board use. It's fine that it doesn't use Balance Board, since I dont have one yet ;)

Terra

Terra said:

A WiiWare version of Nanostray would be great but I'm doubting it'll happen anytime soon. Still, this does look like quite a good game, can't wait to see more.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Hmmm, I thought Nanostray 1 and, particularly, 2 were overrated IMHO. Though I would still download no.1 if it ever came to wiiware.

This game looks like it could have a heck of a lot of potential. A possible cracking physics puzzle game. I love physics based games and I love puzzle games so I'm happy. Please turn out as good as you sound, please. :-)

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

100 levels? If its any good and a nice price I'll pick it up. I love this kind of stuff.

RogueTwo

RogueTwo said:

Love the style ._.
and is nice to see miis instead of weird mii-like characters.