Rayman Getting A DSiWare Game

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

According to German ratings board site

Ratings board Web sites occasionally and unintentionally announce new games, and today yet another hitherto unknown title has been exposed.

According to the USK, Germany's game ratings board, Ubisoft's limbless freak Rayman is getting a DSiWare entry. And that's all we know.

The rating states the title's genre as "jump 'n run," which sounds an awful lot like a platformer to us. Other than that, there's not a while lot to go on. Is it a remake of an older Rayman game? All new? Will there be Rabbids? We'll just have to wait.

[via gamerbytes.com]

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I'd love a Rayman WiiWare game or even a Rayman retail wii game. The Rayman DS game wasn't very good at all, here's hoping the DSiWare game is better

Rensch

Rensch said:

I want a new 3D platformer. That would be great for the Wii. Rayman 2 is still one of the best 3D platform games.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Between this, COP, Shaun White 2, and Rabbids Go Home, Ubi is proving they're capable of far more than shovelware on Nintendo platforms.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'll take a Rayman game any way I can get it. But I'd still love to see Rayman 4. Please Ubisoft, make it so. :)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@lz2009: True, but this is DSiWare, so your comment looks a little out of place.:D

Please, NO FREAKING RABBIDS! I want a REAL Rayman game for a change!

ChristeriousNinja

ChristeriousNinja said:

I'm just hoping it's developed, designed or at least composed by someone from the same team that developed the original. The original was superb.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@Stuff: Oops, i just noticed that :D My bad!

Besides, if this were a rabbids game, it might have rabbids in the title. They pretty much became their own series

Ultanium

Ultanium said:

I wish Ubisoft made a new Rayman game for consoles. Nonetheless. this is still welcomed :)

JakobG

JakobG said:

Now that sounds like a start.
Well done, Ubisoft.
Now all we need is a console game at least as epic as Rayman 3 and I'm almost able to forgive the French for their ridiculous language.

ballistikboy

ballistikboy said:

Rayman sux... I want more classic games like perhaps a re-release of the original GameBoy Donkey Kong (94)?? Much better IMHO than Rayman.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

at least its not more rabbids (though itll probably turn into that)

motang

motang said:

Crossing my fingers for the 2D game that came out on the PSOne which I loved. I have a PC copy some where in my house.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Thank G-d! It's been too long since we've had a non-party Rayman game. How I've missed him so.:(

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

The Original Rayman was brilliant, yet tough as nails.
People think games like Mega Man 9 are hard, ya right!

Ashtrine

Ashtrine said:

I dont remeber the name of it but for the 64 there was a green cased Rayman game and it was addictingly fun i wish they would remake it for the Wii it would be better with the new controls and all just my opinion though

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@WaveBoy: Yeah...Mega Man 9 is WAY harder than Rayman. I've beaten the latter 100%. I haven't completed one level of Mega Man 9.

@Ashtrine: You are referring to Rayman 2: The Great Escape. It's on PS1 Classics already (released late last year), so it makes very little sense that it hasn't come to VC yet (lazy-butts probably didn't want to program the work-around for the controller pack usage...). It was remade on PS2 with improved visuals and sound, as well as extra features (a really cool hub world replacing the boring world map and English voiceovers being the most noteworthy). Definitely the best version IMO, and the one I would want to see ported to Wii if any was. I doubt it'll happen, though. If you have a PS2, I recommend hunting down a copy of Rayman 2: Revolution.

Terra

Terra said:

I don't mind the Rabbids too much, but I really hope they're not in this one. I've never really played the Rayman games before (Proper ones, not including the Rabbids games) but I'm interested in this one.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Awww yeah! 'Bout time we had a new Rayman platformer! Getting a DSi for this one for sure!