Nintendogs Coming As DLC To Animal Crossing

Posted by Jamie Giggs

Snag yourself a canine companion or four

Nintendo's brilliant DS puppy simulator Nintendogs has been around for four years now — time sure does fly! To celebrate the special occasion, Nintendo will be offering up some downloadable goodness for the Wii's Animal Crossing: City Folk.

For four weeks running you'll have your own pick of the litter for download. Labs are up on October 7th, followed by Chihuahuas on the 14th, dachshunds on the 21st and Dalmatians on November 3rd.

Like that game needs more animals. Which one(s) will you let pee on your virtual furniture?

[via videogamer.com]

pixelman

pixelman said:

Awww... esome. My bro has Nintendogs, but I don't play it much. Real dogs > sim dogs, but hey, cool for y'all who can't get dogs. :)

Objection

Objection said:

I never got into Nintendogs, since I have a real one, but its cool that AC has started back up with cool downloadable items.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I wonder if they'll move around and act like dogs, or just be pieces of furniture...and also if they will be orderable.

JayArr

JayArr said:

My Nintedogs haven't been bathed or fed in years.....poor things.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Nintendo has been doing DLC every single month. September had a Gamecube dresser and pile of leaves. So Nintendo is not re-starting this DLC they just change items each month. The Nintendo channel usually will post a 90 second video on what to expect each month.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

wow its been 4 years since release of nintendogs wow i got bored of that game after 2 months but thats cool with ac items i guess

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

To answer the end question: none. I vowed never to play any more AC games again after the DS version punished me for not playing every day. WTF made them think it was a good idea to do such a thing?!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

I'll get these :) I love Nintendogs and AC

Anyone who's got this game on-line I'm keen to add friends too

Mario_maniac

Mario_maniac said:

DLC is what keeps me going back to AC. If it weren't for that, well, I'd have probably sent the game in to Nintendo Australia so they could fix that stupid compatibility problem they stuck us Aussies with. I'm sorta stuck between a rock and a hard place there -- send it in to Nintendo so I can finally transfer my character over, or miss out on a funky letter. I wonder if the newer batches have the same problems...

Mind you, I'm still missing a good chunk of the DLC. I might try to get it from someone once school's over for good.

@18: That is my biggest problem with the series. Why would they expect us to play every day to water our flowers or urge our villagers not to move away? 'Tis crap.

James

James said:

The dogs do not move around - they're static pieces of furniture.

Toon_Link

Toon_Link said:

Dang...
I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have traded in City Folk.
(Hangs head in shame)