Nintendo Download: Star Wars, Art Style and Escape Game (EU)

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

One new game for each service

Just three new games this week, but the offerings are quite good - Virtual Console and DSiWare get two new games in familiar series while WiiWare gets a puzzle game Japan has had since December last year.

Of course the biggest release of the week is Super Empire Strikes Back, the second SNES Star Wars game. As you can probably guess, it's based on Episode V of the movie series, and as such, features levels based on events you'll probably recognize if you've seen the film. Like the first one, it's also quite a competent game and is well worth playing.

DSiWare's new release is no slouch either - Art Style: INTERSECT's North American title, DIGIDRIVE, revealed that this is actually the third Art Style game to based on one of the Japan-exclusive bit Generations titles for the Game Boy Advance. It's also one of the more complicated titles in the series - the objective is to move around triangle-shaped objects, eventually causing a circular disc shown on the right of the screen to jet forward. The aim is to get the disc as far as possible, but a constantly moving piston is chasing it, and if the two collide it's game over. We'll review this remake soon. Like the previous Art Style games on DSiWare, it costs 500 DSi Points.

Tonight's final release is WiiWare game "Aha! I Got It!" Escape Game, which Japan has had for almost a year. In this cartoony puzzler you play as Milo, a little boy who loves puzzles. He loves them so much, in fact, that his dad trapped him in a room filled with them, and unless he solves them all, he's never getting out! Although it might seem a bit childish, graphics-wise, it's only 500 Wii Points, so might actually be quite good? We'll have a review available soon.

WiiWare has finally almost reached 100 games in Europe. Will anything special be released here as well, we wonder?

Related Games

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Still no LiT :(. Very interested in "Aha! I Got It!" Escape Game. I love adventures but I have some doubts. Maybe I await a review. On the other hand, it's only 500 Wii Points, but I'm worried about the length of those games.

Golgo

Golgo said:

Didnt recent Nintendo Europe announcement promise Worms and other goodies before end of Septemer? Let the slippage commence...

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I wonder if we will ever play SNES "Axelay" and Wiiware's "Gyrostarr" In Europe... :(

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

Where the @#*! is Dragon Quest, ive been saving these 500 points on my DSi since it was announced and im damned if im spending them before its released!!!

Terra

Terra said:

Good to see that it's Quality over quantity by the looks of it :)

Although I have my doubts about "Aha! I Got It! Escape Game"

jhuhn

jhuhn said:

Looks like the PAL regions will get Super Return of the Jedi on October 16, 2009 if they used the 2-week pattern like North America did.

gabikun

gabikun said:

No Dragon Quest Wars?? What a big disappointment. Well, at least we have a new Art Style game....

colmtheperson

colmtheperson said:

UNO Worms and Bomberman should have been released already, I was thinking tonight would be the Update but alas nintendo let us down again!

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I'm glad you guys got Star Wars because it gives us another week to catch up to you guys a bit. Of course I'm sure you'll get Mario Kart or something equally awesome next week and then the process will start over yet again.

THE_AG

THE_AG said:

What an insufferable long-term suffering... How long is it going to be until EU gets Axelay?

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

When I first saw this I thought the escape game could have been: Simple Series Vol. 4: The Room Escape...looks like that isn't the case :(

That said it does bring up hope of other age-old Japanese titles appearing outside of Japan so it isn't 100% bad news...

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Wow, I'm surprised that not a lot of people are happy with this update. I would be ecstatic to get that new Art Style game........

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@bboy2970. For me it is a case of don't own DSi so don't really care about DSiWare in general. I do actually have Bit Generations: Digidrive (so you could say even I owned a DSi I would be "been there, done that") which is the same thing except for the stylus control option and my suggestion would be to read the manual before playing or you will get confused.

Jolted85

Jolted85 said:

nice to see noe is releasing more star wars games there now lucasarts can release more games

Djungelurban

Djungelurban said:

@24:
Just face it. It's never gonna happen. Either just switch your Wii's region to Australia at some point when you're on 0 points and then buy it there. Or just do what I did, buy the SNES cart...

Charlie_The_Unicorn

Charlie_The_Unicorn said:

The WiiWare game is truly an example of bad parenting.

A father traps his innocent young boy into a room filled with mind crushing brain teasers that serve as the onle way to get out.

Gizmo

Gizmo said:

Yeah @ Art Style: INTERSECT. For me Digidrive was awesome, so it was no question for me to download the Art Style version, too =).

Viral

Viral said:

I seriously think this is a good thing that we're not seeing massive amounts of releases. Quality games are finally coming (Star Wars for example) and we're due to get the much desired Zombies Ate My Neighbors eventually. Things are looking up in terms of the Virtual Console however, I still don't see them releasing EVERY game that was the original desire of most Wii owners...